ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

housing benefit help please

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

afridi24

housing benefit help please

Post by afridi24 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:00 pm

hello everyone and thanks in advance for reply on my post .
i received my eea family permit in march 2014,later in April we apply for housing benefit and award housing benefit,i applied for job seeker allowance as well as i am jobless .but after four months they stop our housing benefit and the council said you need to pay back as you are eea nation and law change which effect on 1st of April 2014.so you cant apply for housing benefit and job seeker together ..... now my question is 1) my wife is permanent resident in UK from 8 years but didn't apply for certificate ,but recently we had a baby girl and we apply British passport for our daughter ,so we submit evidence of 5 years treaty rights ,she was issued with British passport few days ago. my wife is still on maternity . now my question is that ,is this rule for new people or permanent resident as well ? or should we write a letter that she is permanent resident and our daughter got British passport passport and this rules not apply on us ... thanks once again in advance .(recieved letter today)

afridi24

Re: housing benefit help please

Post by afridi24 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:38 pm

Hello can anyone help me regarding my post please

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:52 pm

The new rule isn't applicable to settled persons.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

afridi24

Post by afridi24 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:57 pm

Thanks Amber for your reply