ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent query - submitted application, how to add details?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellothere77
Newly Registered

urgent query - submitted application, how to add details?

Post by hellothere77 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:35 pm

I have applied online for out of country application and booked an appointment on sept 17 th.

Now I plan to travel to UK again to take my last exam for my MSc (currently on tier 4 visa)
in the visa application I forgot to state the additional dates of this travel to the UK (sept 9 - sept 16th) although I am not even sure I could state that trip as as of that date it would ve been in the future. I have stated the overall trip - when i came first day for my masters and when i left london in late august.

Is it necessary to state the details of the trip as the trip is AFTER the date of the application completion, and if yesm how can I add the details?

I would appreciate anyones opinion on that, i am now so nervous about this upcoming trip!

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Re: urgent query - submitted application, how to add details

Post by hellothere77 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:39 pm

Pleasee, very urgent, I would really a appreciate any advice, it is too late to call to UKBA now and I am flying tomorrow morning..

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:42 pm

you have not really applied the visa yet.
All you have done is just submitted an application.
IMO you should be fine. To be on safer side, you can add a cover letter to explain that you had completed the applicaiton and then travelled agin to uk to appear in exam

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Post by hellothere77 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:50 pm

iworker wrote:you have not really applied the visa yet.
All you have done is just submitted an application.
IMO you should be fine. To be on safer side, you can add a cover letter to explain that you had completed the applicaiton and then travelled agin to uk to appear in exam
many thanks for your reply!

indeed, however I paid for the application and cannot make any changes. If I add a cover letter, do you think I should make any changes in hand on the printed application form as well?
Thank you

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Post by hellothere77 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:32 am

Anyone else knows something? I d be very thankful!

Porus

Post by Porus » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:41 pm

I think Cover letter you can add these details . I had to change one word that is Bank name in application form and the VFS guy said since I have good reason for changing ,he allowed me to strike off old name and write new name with my signature on top of it.
In your case you have to add more information and hence cover letter is the best place to state that. I guess VFS staff also will suggest adding the details in cover letter. The other option is cancel this application and start a new application with fresh details .Refund of first application will take 29-30 days i guess (check the vfs site for details).

hellothere77
Newly Registered

Post by hellothere77 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:55 am

Ok, I ll do the cover letter then, thanks!
Are there any particular formats or rules for that? Or free-write? Should I have it typed?
Many thanks