ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years in the UK; What are my options?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lb2205
Newly Registered

5 years in the UK; What are my options?

Post by lb2205 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if there are any options that I may not be considering. I came to the UK in 2009 on a student VISA until 2011. After that year I went onto the Post Study Work VISA for 2 years until 2013. In May 2013 I then went onto the Tier 2 employee sponsored VISA.

My understanding is that I must spend 5 years on the current Tier 2 Employee sponsored visa before I am eligible for Indefinite Leave. This would mean that I have spent a total of 8 years in the UK because my first 3 years do not count.

Is this correct? Is there no option for me to reach indefinite leave sooner and not have to rely on sponsorship?

zack_snyder
Newly Registered

Re: 5 years in the UK; What are my options?

Post by zack_snyder » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:10 am

Hi lb2205

Yes you will have to spend 5 years on a tier 2 visa and also do bear in mind that you will be eligible for ILR in 2018 only if you are earning £35000 per annum.

I am afraid there is no quicker way of you reaching towards ILR. You will have to spend 5 years in this category.