ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General dependant visa processing delay

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

royalrams
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General dependant visa processing delay

Post by royalrams » Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:18 am

Hi,

We have applied dependant visa(for spouse and below 2 years old son) on Aug 21st 2014.On the same day received sms like "your application is dispatched to uk BA" and till now we have not received any sms or email about the visa status.

I used visa email form service to enquire about dependant visa status.Today i.e Sep 10th 2014 I received the reply from chennai uk visa like
"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible."

I had provided all the required documents except tenancy agreement as I don't have because I have been staying in friends share accommodation and I had gone through the UK BA website there I did not find anything mandatory for tenancy agreement.Please correct me if I am wrong.

Please could any one let me know what might be the wrong with my application.

Still waiting for the visa status.

Quick response would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

pkd1710
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General dependant visa processing delay

Post by pkd1710 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:54 am

Hi ,

I have got the same response for my daughter Tier 1 Dependant Visa application which i have applied on August 25th 2014 and I got the same mail on Sept 12th 2014.Can you please let me know did you got any update after this mail.

Thanks in Advance

royalrams
Newly Registered

Post by royalrams » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 pm

Thanks for your reply...

No updates till now. Still waiting..Please continue to post updates from your end...

Do you have any idea maximum how many days does it take to confirm the application..

Thank you...

pkd1710
Newly Registered

Post by pkd1710 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Hi ,

As per the below link its going to take max 30 days for Tier 1 Dependant Visa.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... pbs-tier-1

I have provided all the documents properly but i am not sure why they are saying its not a straight forward application.

Thanks

royalrams
Newly Registered

Post by royalrams » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Thanks @pkd1710 for prompt response.

For Tier 2 it is max 60 days as per the below link.

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice ... pbs-tier-2

For Tier 1 have to wait 30 days max ,you may get the decision earlier also.

Please could you confirm what are all the documents you have submitted.

pkd1710
Newly Registered

Post by pkd1710 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi ,

Please find the below ducuments list .

1 .Dependant Visa Application
2.Original Passport
3.2 Pasport Photos
4.Medical Screent test document from UKBA registered hospital
5.Copy of Passport and Biometric Card.
6.Attested Supporting Letter from Main Applicant
7. 3 Months Back statement (original)showing maintanace funds
8. 3 Months pay slips (original)
9.employer Refernece Letter
10. Copy of Passport and Biometric Card (Mother's)
11.Rental Agreement

Porus

Post by Porus » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:08 pm

@Pkd, For your dependent child ,did you submit Birth Certificate (Original) . As per VFS phone service call(Paid call) Current processing time for tier 2 is 20 working days and for me they opened the application process on 7th working day. The status I heard was "deferred" . The main migrant application submitted seperately earlier was also on the same status and visa granted on 17th working day. I dont understand the reason for delay or status "deferred" as no enquiry was made to the employer at all. I suspect all tier 2 applications are delayed due to overload of tier 4 student visas and they have less manpower to process tier 2. Please post the status on Tier 2 out of country timeline posts where it will be helpful for all.

pkd1710
Newly Registered

Post by pkd1710 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Porus,

Yes I have submitted Original Date Of Birth Certificate as well. I am not sure why its delayed to make a decission.Please keep updated on this Blog if anybody have same status and got the Visa successfull for Tier 1 General Dependant Visa.

Thanks in Advance..

Kumard
Newly Registered

Post by Kumard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:36 pm

I got the same response email for tier 2 , i have applied dependence and myself tier 2 visa at a time , i got a email on 17 sep (15 workings) , waiting for update

Porus

Post by Porus » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Just to add some more info from my side. Yesterday I received a call from British High commission and asked if the main migrant who got the visa has travelled to UK.My case was back to back application (Main migrant visa copy +dependent application submitted the day main migrant passport received). As I said the main migrant has left for UK, from the next day the visa was stamped, they said thats the only info they wanted and no decision has been made yet for the dependent applcations. Today I received a mail saying my application is not straight forward and it will take time to process . As a background main migrant visa was granted after escalation ticket raised by Phone staff(paid) on 16th Working day on grounds that the main migrant has to join the school (employer) urgently. Now I wonder if they called me to find out if the main migrant is still in waiting mode due to dependents visa arrival and may be they should expedite the process. Once they learnt that migrant has left they have put the dependent applications in backlog and they can process Tier 4 student visas or other high priority visas.. I cant believe why it takes time to decide for dependent visa if Bank Balance and relationship proof (original ) is with them and the dependents have been in UK just 2 months back. So back to waiting mode and checking every hour on mails/calling bell(courier) like many other folks who are in the same situation.

thirusat
Newly Registered

Post by thirusat » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:41 am

Hello Guys..,

I applied Tier 2 UK Short term work permit for self and my dependants.

17th Sep 2014 : 2:00 PM Application submitted in VFS office for myself and my dependants (Spouse and 3 and half years old kid)
Today morning I received the below mail from UK VISA MESSAGE . Please let me know if you guys got any update on this. thank you

--------------------

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and Settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible.
We will write to you again if there is any change to this expected date.
This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you need to reply, please send it to Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk.

----------------

Regards
Sathish

pkd1710
Newly Registered

Post by pkd1710 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Satish,

I got the same message for my Tier 1 Dependant Visa child. It seems most of them got the same messages in this month.

royalrams
Newly Registered

Post by royalrams » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi All,

I would like to let you know that finally we got a call from visa centre on Sep 18th 2014 to collect the documents.

Today i.e Sep 22nd we have collected the documents...And ends up with.......

GOT THE DEPENDANT VISA FOR BOTH OF THEM(SPOUSE AND SON)............. :D

Applied on Aug 21st and Received call on Sep18th 2014....

So ,don't worry if you get the same message,just wait...all the things will be sorted out...

I wish, all you get the visa sooon..... all the best..... :)

Please share you experience too so that applicants can have positive hope till they get the visa....

baskaranpaulraj
Newly Registered

Post by baskaranpaulraj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:45 am

Hi,

I have also submitted my Tier-2 long term ICT visa by September 16th on a FAST TRACK mode. I supposed to get my visa stamping within 4 days due to FAST TRACK mode application submission. I have applied the visa together for myself (Main applicant), spouse and 2 year old son. on 22nd September i have received the email from UK Visa and Immigration center as below

"Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your UK visa application which has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and Settlement applications within 60 working days.
Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible.
This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you need to reply, please send it to Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk. UK Visas and Immigration contact details can be found at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Yours sincerely,
Entry Clearance Manager
UK Visas and Immigration
BDHC Chennai
"

I have submitted all the required original documents during application submission. Following are the list of documents submitted.

1. Cover letter from the company
2. COS
3. All original old and new passports of main and dependent applicants
4. Marriage certificate
5. Birth certificate
6. My Degree certificate
7.My consolidated mark sheet
8. Company offer letter and previous employer experience and relieving letter

I have informed about this to my company visa cell. Awaiting response from them.

I am not sure if I can get the status of my application through any other medium. If anyone knows the appropriate route please let me know.

Regards,
Baskaran

baskaranpaulraj
Newly Registered

Post by baskaranpaulraj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:53 am

Hi,

In addition to the listed documents in my previous post, I have submitted the following documents as well.

1. 3 months bank statement
2. 12 months salary slip attested by the employer
3. Medical test report with X-ray scan
4. Photographs
5. Last year IT returns

Regards,
Baskaran

thirusat
Newly Registered

Post by thirusat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:33 am

Congrats royalrams :P :P :P

Me too applied in Fast track mode on 17th Sep 2:00 PM in Chennai VFS Office.., Will let you guys know if I get any update in my status..,

Cheers.., :)

thirusat
Newly Registered

Post by thirusat » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:28 am

Hi..,

I forwaded this mail to my company travel desk department., and they called me now to explain this issue..,

He mentioned that this is the 11th case I am handling in last 2 days within our company.., earlier they used to complete the processing in 4 working days.., however now they introduced a background verification step which makes 1 or 2 days longer in processing.., thats the reason we received this communication..,

also my travel desk confirmed that our application is geniue and we provided all the nessary documents., they can simply reject the application without reason.., so dont need to be worry.., we will get our Visa sooner

baskaranpaulraj
Newly Registered

Post by baskaranpaulraj » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:18 am

Hello All,

I made a paid call to UK immigration agents. They have told due to the surge in student visa applications, the processing of dependent visa applications are getting delayed. Even if you applied through FAST TRACK mode you can expect a delay of minimum 3 more days.

Will have to wait until they get back to us.... :(

Regards,
Baskaran

pkd1710
Newly Registered

Post by pkd1710 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:54 am

Hello All,

I got a SMS 2 days back that my Documents will be delivered to my address because i have opted for courier when i applied.

Today morning I have got my courier and finally my kids Tier 1 Dependant Visa is successfull :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Applied on 25th August 2014 , on 12th Sept 2014 I got a mail from VFS office like below

This is an automated message - do not respond to this email address as incoming mail is not answered. If you need to reply, please send it to Chennai.visaenquiry@fco.gov.uk.

And finally got a message from VFS that its couriered on 22nd Sept 2013 and we received the Documents on 24th Sept 2014.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So dont worry about the above mail if you got it , be relaxed and you will get your visa successfull.

Thank you All..

siri77
Newly Registered

Post by siri77 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:11 pm

I applied dependent visa(Tier-2) on 1st September and still waiting for it. I got the same message 2 days back, looks like I will get it on 22nd working day(applied date is also included).

I will update the status once I receive message.

Naveen

baskaranpaulraj
Newly Registered

Post by baskaranpaulraj » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:22 pm

Hello All,

Finally i got a SMS from VFS office that my applications have been processed and the courier has been sent to my office.

Hope I will be getting my passports with visa stamping by tomorrow.... Waiting.....

Regards,
Baskaran

baskaranpaulraj
Newly Registered

Post by baskaranpaulraj » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:34 pm

Hello All,

I have received my passports today with visa stamping. So others, please don't worry if you have received the email from VFS office that "your application cannot be processed straight forward".

The visa processing is getting delayed due to the surge in students visa applications.

Regards,
Baskaran

deep84
Newly Registered

Post by deep84 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi,

I have received the same email on 22/09. Submitted my applications (Tier 2 Gen- Main Applicant+ 2 dependents) on 03/09 at Bangalore VFS under standard timeline of 15 working days.

"Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we have been unable to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. We will continue to progress your application and make a decision as soon as possible".

I have submitted the below documents in original:
1. Original Degree Certificate
2. Degree Transcript
3. UK NARIC documents- >English language Assesment at C1 Level & Degree Comparability to British Bachelors Honors
4. Offer Letter -> Mentioning Maintenance + A rated Sponsor
5. Employment Contract Letter
6. COS Assignment Email - As Screenshot
7. Marriage Certificate
8. Child Birth Certificate
9. Self and Spouse Bank Statements
10. IELTS English Exam Marksheet
11. TB Certificates - 3 applicants
12. Tier 2 - SOC Code
13. Job Advert Posting Screenshots- RLMT
14 Photographs of family as relationship evidence

Looks like these emails are sent to most of the applicants, and I hope to hear the positive result from the BDHC soon. This thread really helps alot to not loose hope...

Kind regards,
Deepak

Anuj1234
Newly Registered

Post by Anuj1234 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi Mates,

I had submitted main and Dependent(Spouse) application for the Tier2 ICT-Long Term visa in fast track(Priority Visa) on 10th Sep 2014 in vfs new delhi.

On 19th Sep 2014 my spouse getting a mail from uk visa dependent for the original Marriage Certificate.
Main thing is that we had already submitted one original copy at the time of document submission in VFS New Delhi on 10th Sep 2014.After getting mail from visa department we send them another original Marriage Certificate(as we got two original marriage certificate, one for groom and one for bride) documents through courier on 22nd Sep.

Waiting for their Reply :(

My passport have already stamped of 2 Denmark WP,uk Tier2 ICt-short term,uk Business visa ,US B1/B2 visa and Indonesia(Bali) on arrival visa.
My wife have uk visitor visa refusal on 6th May 2014 and Indonesia(Bali) on arrival visa.

i have check the status of my application on 22Sep 2014 and its "decision on your application has been delayed whilst further enquiries are being conducted".
Dont know how long i have to wait:(

deep84
Newly Registered

Post by deep84 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi,

Today afternoon i have received an SMS from VFS that the processed applications has reached them and they will courier to my address.

Hope to see the passports with visa stamped soon.

Regards,
Deepak