ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed on Wife's ILR / Citizenship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FOR_ILR

Advice Needed on Wife's ILR / Citizenship

Post by FOR_ILR » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi,

I'm looking forward for Gurus to provide me some advice / options whether the following request is possible based on details given below:

Me and my wife entered UK in Jan-2008 via WP and then in JUL-2008 got it changed to Tier1-General.

Tier1 - General: Jul-2008 to Jul-2011
Tier1 - General Extension: Applied on Jun-2011 and Got it from Jul-2011 till Jul-2013

I got ILR in Jan-2013.

My wife had travelled back to India for Delivery of our second child (Wife Left UK Dec-12), and we had applied for her visa (under family of settled person category) from India by Jun-2013 (before expiry of her Tier1 visa) and got new visa "Spouce ACC/CP" valid from Oct-13 for 33 months.

My wife entered UK in Dec-13 and is living here from then

As response to my another query in this board - I was told that my wife has to live in UK for another 5 years to apply ILR (i.e Dec-18).

My questions:

1. Is there any possibility based on dates provided above can my wife get ILR earlier ?

2. I have applied for British Citizenship and hopeful of getting it before end-of this year. Is there any other category visa that I can apply for my wife to get her ILR / British Citizenship earlier?

3. By when can I apply for my child's settlement / British Citizen ship (Child born outside UK)?

4. As myself and our first child will become British Citizen before end-of-this year, is there any other route in which I can apply for Settlement or BC for my wife and 2nd kid earlier?

Thanks,

FOR_ILR

Re: Advice Needed on Wife's ILR / Citizenship

Post by FOR_ILR » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Hi Gurus,

Any advice or guidance on above questions?

Thanks in Advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Advice Needed on Wife's ILR / Citizenship

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:08 pm

FOR_ILR wrote:Hi,

I'm looking forward for Gurus to provide me some advice / options whether the following request is possible based on details given below:

Me and my wife entered UK in Jan-2008 via WP and then in JUL-2008 got it changed to Tier1-General.

Tier1 - General: Jul-2008 to Jul-2011
Tier1 - General Extension: Applied on Jun-2011 and Got it from Jul-2011 till Jul-2013

I got ILR in Jan-2013.

My wife had travelled back to India for Delivery of our second child (Wife Left UK Dec-12), and we had applied for her visa (under family of settled person category) from India by Jun-2013 (before expiry of her Tier1 visa) and got new visa "Spouce ACC/CP" valid from Oct-13 for 33 months.

My wife entered UK in Dec-13 and is living here from then

As response to my another query in this board - I was told that my wife has to live in UK for another 5 years to apply ILR (i.e Dec-18).

My questions:

1. Is there any possibility based on dates provided above can my wife get ILR earlier ?

Possibly in Jan 2018 under long residence.

2. I have applied for British Citizenship and hopeful of getting it before end-of this year. Is there any other category visa that I can apply for my wife to get her ILR / British Citizenship earlier?

As above.

3. By when can I apply for my child's settlement / British Citizen ship (Child born outside UK)?

Depends, perhaps now, it's discretion.

4. As myself and our first child will become British Citizen before end-of-this year, is there any other route in which I can apply for Settlement or BC for my wife and 2nd kid earlier?

As above.

Thanks,
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.