ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Registration Exam

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Riyadhian
Newly Registered

Overseas Registration Exam

Post by Riyadhian » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Hi Guys,
I am a tier 2 General worker in the UK and my wife is my dependant on Tier 2 General Dependant. We both are from Pakistan and we got married in Pakistan. My wife wants to give a registration exam for one of her qualifications to be accepted in the UK. That exam asks for IELTS to be taken before one can appear in that exam. However there are some exemptions for some people on IELTS. One of the exemption condition is stated below from the application form below:

"There are different ways an applicant may qualify as an exempt person. These are:
3) Those who are not nationals of an EEA state or Switzerland and who are:
a) the spouse/civil partner registered under the law of an EEA state of:
i) a non-UK EEA national in the UK as a worker, self-employed person, or self-sufficient person, or
pursuant to the three month right to reside under Directive 2004/38/EC"

The above condition is a bit confusing and we need some of your valuable advise on this. Does my wife falls in the above IELTS exemption category as my dependant i.e. Part 3ai of the above text, keeping in mind that our wedding was registered in Pakistan and she got her Tier 2 Dependant visa based on that wedding.

Many Thanks for your opinion or advice.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Overseas Registration Exam

Post by iworker » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:44 am

No this does not apply to you.
It applies to people who currently have a non EU nationality (like your wife) and are spouse/partner of of EEA national person (Not yourself, as you are a national of non EAA country).