ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appointment for NI number

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scoobydoolondon

Appointment for NI number

Post by scoobydoolondon » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:36 am

My wife has recently been granted her first 30 month Spouse Visa and we have an appointment next week at the JobCentre Plus.

We've been told to bring in her Passport, BRP and proof of address (will take a recent bank statement) and Marriage Certificate.

What happens at the appointment? I was told they'd ask her why she wanted a NI number? To be honest, as she is pregnant she won't be working for a few years but I thought I'd get all the "admin" issues out of the way now that she has her Spouse Visa. Also, we have savings and I want to transfer her savings into an ISA, which requires a NI number. Is it ok to say this?

https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number states
'Jobcentre Plus may write to you and ask you to come to an interview where you’ll be asked about your circumstances and why you need a National Insurance number'

Also, how long does it take for the NI number to arrive?

thanks