ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER2 VISA - Job Offer Cancelled

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

smithyboy
Newly Registered

TIER2 VISA - Job Offer Cancelled

Post by smithyboy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi,
Please i need some help on what to do next with my visa.
I was offered a job to come and work in the UK and due to the fault of the company I received my COS number very late i was then given 3 weeks to get my visa and travel to the UK to resume work. I went to apply for my visa and during the process of waiting the company set a deadline and the date passed and they withdrew their job offer. I went today to finally pick up my passport and the visa was granted.

Please can someone advice me on the next step of action. Do i need to contact UKVI to cancel the visa? I would also want to apply for a visiting visa in 2 months time to spend christmas with my fiancé, i do not want anything to implicate my application when i do apply.

Looking forward to your reply.
Best Regards,

manci
Respected Guru

Re: TIER2 VISA - Job Offer Cancelled

Post by manci » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:16 pm

if you tell the sponsor that you now have the visa is there no chance that they would reconsider your employment?

A sponsor can withdraw sponsorship any time. Ask them if they have and, if so, whether they informed UKVI. Once sponsorship is withdrawn your visa will be invalid. This will have no bearing on your application for a visitor's visa.

Although it is not strictly necessary, and because of your impending visitor visa application, you may decide to confirm the situation to UKVI and submit a copy of your letter with the visitor visa application.

Read paras 240-243 in the T2 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf

smithyboy
Newly Registered

Re: TIER2 VISA - Job Offer Cancelled

Post by smithyboy » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:25 pm

manci wrote:if you tell the sponsor that you now have the visa is there no chance that they would reconsider your employment?

A sponsor can withdraw sponsorship any time. Ask them if they have and, if so, whether they informed UKVI. Once sponsorship is withdrawn your visa will be invalid. This will have no bearing on your application for a visitor's visa.

Although it is not strictly necessary, and because of your impending visitor visa application, you may decide to confirm the situation to UKVI and submit a copy of your letter with the visitor visa application.

Read paras 240-243 in the T2 policy guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _08-14.pdf
Hi Manci,
Thank you for your reply. I know, it is very ridiculous after it was their fault not giving me the COS on time. I have tried to plead with them but seems it is falling to deaf ears. I will get it confirmed from the company if the COS has been cancelled and i will also send a letter to the UKVI regarding the cancellation of the visa.