ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Divorce and re-marry

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mattyxxx
Newly Registered

EEA Divorce and re-marry

Post by Mattyxxx » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi everybody
Here is the brief story of my life in UK.. and needs some advices. All the advices and suggestion would be appreciated and means alot

EEA 2 applied = Jan 2013
Get Refused= Aug 2013
Oral Appeal(Date from Court) = Sept 2014

Now the interesting thing is I left my spouse in Jan 2014. and Been in the relation with another EU women from Feb 2014. I have applied for the Divorce and it will be finalised sometime in November. Now the thing is I dint attend court hearing because I am no longer in relation with the old spouse whom i am divorcing now. I am still working under PSW as the old status continues untill we get the final decision. My employer does not know about my divorce thing. So guys what should i do how i will approach to council for the ceremony and Am i still legal in the country ??

Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: EEA Divorce and re-marry

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:43 pm

How have you been given a British Citizenship ceremony date when your EEA2 is still waiting for appeal?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:16 pm

I don't think this OP is talking about citizenship ceremony, he is thinking of playing with fire, by entering into a bigamous marriage. If i understand his post correctly.

I don't believe council will register the marriage, and even if the register it, it will not be valid, and you could get done for Bigamy.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Ah of course! I misread the type of ceremony. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

uk2005

Post by uk2005 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:22 pm

if you gong for give notice for your marrige than you cnt you will need Decrce absloute & your passport
without you cnt sit for 2nd marrige if your 1st marrige to cover ROR its batter secuor first.
BC 7/5/2015(NCS)
HO received 8/5/2015
Biometric done 1/6/2015
Appoval 31/10/2015
Ceremony 03/11/2015
Never give up hope!