ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment (new sponsor, Tier 2 General)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AjPS
Mood:
India

Change of Employment (new sponsor, Tier 2 General)

Post by AjPS » Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi, I am currently working in UK (in a permanent role) on a Tier 2 (General) visa sponsored by my current employer. I'm currently looking to change jobs and have found a similar job (under the same SOC code) for a new employer who already have a sponsor license. The new job however, is an 18 month fixed term contract. The sponsor have already passed the Resident Labour Market Test for the role. I've read that I will now have to make a new Tier 2 (General) visa application using a CoS assigned by the new sponsor.

I have a few questions:
1) Is the whole process and minimum salary requirement (under SOC code) the same for permanent roles and fixed term contracts ?

2) I will need an "unrestricted" CoS won't I, as I am extending my stay under Tier 2 (General) to work for a new sponsor ? Or will it be a restricted CoS ?

3) How much time is needed for the sponsor to assign me an unrestricted CoS if they already have a sponsor license ?

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

kevb2014

Re: Change of Employment (new sponsor, Tier 2 General)

Post by kevb2014 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:46 pm

AjPS wrote:Hi, I am currently working in UK (in a permanent role) on a Tier 2 (General) visa sponsored by my current employer. I'm currently looking to change jobs and have found a similar job (under the same SOC code) for a new employer who already have a sponsor license. The new job however, is an 18 month fixed term contract. The sponsor have already passed the Resident Labour Market Test for the role. I've read that I will now have to make a new Tier 2 (General) visa application using a CoS assigned by the new sponsor.

I have a few questions:
1) Is the whole process and minimum salary requirement (under SOC code) the same for permanent roles and fixed term contracts ?

Yes, make sure the SOC code matches your job title/description

2) I will need an "unrestricted" CoS won't I, as I am extending my stay under Tier 2 (General) to work for a new sponsor ? Or will it be a restricted CoS ?

Unrestricted CoS is for applications from inside the UK and restricted Cos is only for out-of-country apps.

3) How much time is needed for the sponsor to assign me an unrestricted CoS if they already have a sponsor license ?

The CoS can be obtained within half an hour on SMS if they already have one remaining allocated CoS.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:32 am

Thanks for the reply. :)

I'm already working in UK under Tier 2 in a role that I originally started in under Tier 1 PSW but later switched to Tier 2 (General) using a CoS from my current employer.
So, I imagine the CoS procedure should be the same as it was then as that was also an unrestricted CoS (to switch to Tier 2 from PSW) unless I'm mistaken ? Kindly let me know.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:43 pm

Hi, as far the the whole visa process goes, I understand I would need to make a "change of employment" application which is basically a fresh Tier 2 (General) application made using a new CoS assigned to me by my new employer and once I get the new visa, my old BRP would become invalid based on the start date in the new CoS and BRP. Is that correct ?

I'm asking because my new employer e-mailed me earlier today asking for my passport details and other information for generating a CoS but their e-mail stated that they need the information for generating the transfer of Certificate of Sponsorship to further the change of employment application. I thought I'm supposed to get a new CoS from them rather than a transfer of CoS ?
Any feedback on this would be much appreciated. Thanks.

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:48 pm

kevb2014 wrote:
AjPS wrote:2) I will need an "unrestricted" CoS won't I, as I am extending my stay under Tier 2 (General) to work for a new sponsor ? Or will it be a restricted CoS ?

Unrestricted CoS is for applications from inside the UK and restricted Cos is only for out-of-country apps.
So, I will need an unrestricted CoS, isn't it ?
Unfortunately, my sponsor has assigned me a restricted CoS which took them 3 weeks to get. :( What is the procedure for rectifying this error now ? Will they need to cancel it and make a new CoS allocation request for an unrestricted CoS & if so, how long does that normally take ? :(

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 am

For a change in employment application using an unrestricted CoS, what exactly should the CoS say at the top under Tier & category ? My current incorrect restricted CoS says "Tier 2 (General - New hires - restricted)".

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 am

For a change in employment application using an unrestricted CoS, what exactly should the CoS say at the top under Tier & category ?
Tier 2 (General - Changes of Employment)

ashablah
Newly Registered

Post by ashablah » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:03 am

Hi, sorry for hijacking this thread...

I am currently on a Tier 2 General visa and got a job offer with Unrestricted COS assigned by my new employer.
They have given total duration between start and end date of employment as 5 years.

I am already on a extended term of my Tier 2 General Visa (Initial grant in Jan 2010). But not in UK for more than a year in between.

Can I now apply for 5 years visa or only apply for 3 years?

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:22 pm

@rockcbe: thanks :)

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:10 pm

Also, I just want to confirm the supporting documents needed for my Tier 2 (General) Change of Employment application:
  • *Completed application form
    *2 passport-size photos with full name on the back.
    *Passport
    *BRP
    *English language evidence (UK degree)
    **Premium appointment payment confirmation e-mail and reference no.

*Maintenance proof: certified by sponsor on unrestricted CoS so no bank statements needed.
Is the above info. correct ?

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:49 am

Urgent:
Hi, what documents are to be submitted for a Tier 2 (General) - Changes of Employment application ? I have my premium appointment early next week & will be providing the form, 2 photos, passport, BRP and my UK degree (English language evidence). I am not providing bank statements as my sponsor has certified maintenance on the CoS. Is this correct or do I need any more supporting evidence ?

Also, is address proof (rental agreement) also needed ?

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:39 pm

1 more question...
I am applying using a paper form and have to fill in payment details in it. I am using the premium service and already paid the £1001 fee (includes the £601 application fee & the fee for premium service) online 2 days ago using my credit card. Do I still have to provide my credit card details in the paper form even though I have already paid the amount ?

I downloaded & took a printout of the paper form as I was earlier thinking of making a postal (priority) application. I later decided to go for the premium so booked an appointment for next week. Should I select the £601 option under fee & fill the payment section out with my card details nonetheless.
They shouldn't charge me again as I will have the payment sheet with payment confirmation & reference no.. ??

AjPS
Mood:
India

Post by AjPS » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:23 am

Anyone ??? pls reply...

Regarding my current address in UK, do I need to show rental agreement as proof or not ? I have mine with me but am not sure whether to submit it tomorrow or not.

svasu

Post by svasu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi AjPS,

I came across your post when I was looking for some information as I am currently in the same situation as you were back in Oct 2014. I hope you have now received your visa.
I am changing employers and planning to opt for a premium service and have a couple of questions..

1) is there a completely different application form for the premium service or is it the same paper application form thats available for postal service?

2) If it is the paper application form, what did you fill in the payment section of the application form considering that you have made the full payment online?

I shall look forward to your swift reply as I am planning to apply at the very earliest.. thanks in advance and your reply will be much appreciated.

Regards,
svasu

Chelove
Newly Registered

Post by Chelove » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 pm

AjPS,

I have the same questions as Svasu. Could you please say what you did?

THanks!

svasu

Post by svasu » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Hi Chelove,

I had sent a private message just in case AjPS dint see the questions on the post and I have received a reply..

Use the same paper based postal application form and in the payment section of the form select the right amount thats applicable in your case.. £400 you pay for premium service need not be mentioned on the application form as you will be enclosing a payment receipt/email as confirmation for having successfully paid the application fee online. I hope this helps.

Regards,

svasu

Chelove
Newly Registered

Post by Chelove » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Many thanks AjPS and Svasu.
Yes, certainly helps.

I have my appointment this Saturday - will write a post about how it goes (hopefully well) with all the details.

svasu

Post by svasu » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:50 pm

all the very best...I am sure it will all be fine..

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:58 pm

Hi All,

Sorry to hijack this thread.
I have got my CoS from my HR today and applying for Tier 2(G) in UK.
As per my knowledge, when you are applying from in UK, then I should get unrestricted CoS.
I am changing my employer and in CoS, it's showing -

Tier and Category : Tier 2(General - Change of Employment).

Is that fine ? Does it mean unrestricted ?
Or it should be specified while assigning CoS ?
Please clarify. I am really confused.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:23 pm

anyone from Expert,
Please clarify my previous query. Thanks a lot in advance.

svasu

Post by svasu » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:26 pm

Yes, Tier 2 General Change of Employment is the correct category and it also means its unrestricted.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:50 pm

Thanks svasu for confirmation. Really feeling better now. :)

Chelove
Newly Registered

Post by Chelove » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Btw, my appointment was moved to January... will post once I pass it

ravisb_2014
Member of Standing

Post by ravisb_2014 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:19 am

Have some quick queries before applying for Tier 2(G).
1. Tier 2 Application Form.
Do i need post the complete 64 pages ?
Can i use staples, clips, pins or anything - as it is suggested not to use for photograph ?
2. Do I need to wait for BRP letter before enrolling for biometric?
Kindly let me know.

Chelove
Newly Registered

Post by Chelove » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:33 pm

Had my appointment today - success.

I submitted all 64 pages, don't know if it was necessary.

Had to talked to several people: registration, submitting documents, biometric and pick up.

The lady at the 2nd stage was quite unprofessional and unhelpful. Her English was bad (really? I mean REALLY?! Out of all places?!! wtf?!.. ) and she kept repeating that she was not the case worker and thus could not help with anything.

One point worth noting: if you have dual citizenship, you need to submit the other passport as well. I did not see this point anywhere, brought it just in case.