ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Information needed please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kbridge

Urgent Information needed please

Post by kbridge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:02 pm

dear all,

i have a Residence Permit for EEA for 5 years (till 2019)
My current employer in the UK wants me to go and work in for him in Malta.

the question is: will i lose my british residence permit if i do so? is there anything i can do to keep it valid once i'm working there? is there any chance to apply for a ILR later?

please advice. thanks a lot.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Urgent Information needed please

Post by Jambo » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:48 pm

Will the EEA national move to Malta as well? For how long are you moving? In general, absences up to 6 month per year are permitted. And in cases of important reason (such ascpostibg abroad) 12 months of absence is allowed.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

kbridge

Re: Urgent Information needed please

Post by kbridge » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:52 pm

Jambo wrote:Will the EEA national move to Malta as well? For how long are you moving? In general, absences up to 6 month per year are permitted. And in cases of important reason (such ascpostibg abroad) 12 months of absence is allowed.

Yes, the EEA national will move with me there as well. It will be for at Least 12 months as it is a work contract.