ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confusion for spouse schengen visa for spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

libra_handsome
Newly Registered

confusion for spouse schengen visa for spain

Post by libra_handsome » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:58 am

hi , me and my wife hold an indafinate and want to travel to spain for a week. we have all the docs. the confusion is snice i am the sponcer of my wife how will i submit the orignal docs for both of us .
1. since i hold the 3 months bank orignal statmens can i submit photocopy of the statments for her application.
2. i have got orignal letter of employemnt , but will the spanish embassy accept photocopy for her application.
3 . if i submit my orignal marrige certificate will i get it back.

please help really confused.

Donutz

Re: confusion for spouse schengen visa for spain

Post by Donutz » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:29 pm

It would be nice to know your nationality. Are you from the EU/EEA (except Spain) such as from the UK, France, Germany etc? Then the whole bank and employement questions do not apply since she will be considered a family member of an EU/EEA citizen and is covered by the EU directive on freedom of movement 2004/38/EC (see stickied topics).
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/tr ... dex_en.htm

If you are from outside the EU/EEA or Spanish:
1) Why not? Preferably you head to the embassy yourself so the staff there can see the orginal documents. But after a quick check/copy they could hand those back to you so that you cannot lose the orginals. If you chose to use the appointed entirely optional service provider (often VFS) just bring a copy and orginal. Add a letter explain your relation to the applicant (wife), your travel purpose, that you will see to it that you will abide all the rules (return in time, reasons for return) and kindly request any orginals back of the embassy in question wishes to see them.
2) See 1.
3) See 1.