ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Interview

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

promeo2
Newly Registered

ILR Interview

Post by promeo2 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 am

Hi All,

Me and my wife are due to go for an interview to Liverpool as part of her ILR application because they feel there are some gaps in the evidence.

Between April 2012 and November 2013 I couldn't show any letters jointly addressed to us or any single letters for her which is causing concern. There is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this.

Soon after my wife entered the UK in March 2012, I had her set up with the GP services and we looked at banking facilities. At the time as she didn't have her own income source we could only get a joint account which required a minimum deposit of £500 each month. My wife is a forgetful person and isn't experienced in banking so we decided not to go down this route. We didn't bother with an account until later in 2013 (due to my own time constraints) and again was refused by HSBC where I bank. It was only in December 2013 that she managed to get a basic account with Santander.- She still isn't a confident user.

In terms of other documentary evidence we live in a Council house with my mother who is elderly. She is the registered tennant so rent/council tax and water rates are addressed to her only even though I pay for the bills.
My wife has an NI number for which I showed letters but isn't employed, never needed additional treatment from hospital so no letters there and was recently added to our energy provider. We also use TalkTalk as our TV/Internet provider and they don't allow joint names in accounts. As I am the bill payer it just made sense for me to handle the affairs.

People may judge but thats our lifestyle and it works for us.

Any advice from people or their experiences would be useful. There is no reason for them to raise an eyebrow about our marriage but I can see that they would want to verify that we were living together for the period of time for which there is no documented evidence. I am generally aware of questions that might come but any input would be useful.

pelen23

Re: ILR Interview

Post by pelen23 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:02 pm

Hi there,

If you search you can find quite few threads about in interviews on the forum. They seem like they ask some questions about your marriage. However I read somewhere. They interviewed an applicant who was refused in his country due to not having a genuine relationship. The questions were
- religious I believes . Whether they practice or not ( I think it is an awful question as it is very personal)
- they spent the previous festive seasons Xmas, Easter ect
- what they of the week their rubbish is collected
- if you they have a picture in the room , if yes were

There were really unusable questions. I find the ink I will let you know. When is your interview?
Let us know how it goes
Good luck

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:07 pm

Jut remembered Questions if they have a electric or gas cooker. Colour of the door of the house. And. About how did they arrive in the uk? Who picked the spouse up from the airport .

I hope it helps

promeo2
Newly Registered

Post by promeo2 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Thanks for the support guys,

We had our interview on the 29th of September at Liverpool. Pretty standard questions like most people mentioned. I've been married for 4 years and due to age restrictions my wife joined me in the UK 2 years in to our marriage. I assumed that our marriage had clearly been established since they granted her the initial spouse visa. The only issue was we didn't have enough letters to show we lived for the 2 years she was in the country. Unusually most of the questions pertained to our marriage rather than life since marriage.

We were asked about the first kiss, (caught me off guard - being the guy I am terrible at remembering these things), the colour of her wedding outfit, witnesses at the wedding and the style of the wedding band I wore. A few questions related to life her including when is the bin collected, colour of the front door, type of kettle in the Spam and the window dressing in the Spam. Hope this is of use to others.

Yesterday we received our approval and also got the biometric residence permit in one go. Very pleased this is over.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:28 am

promeo2 wrote:Thanks for the support guys,

We had our interview on the 29th of September at Liverpool. Pretty standard questions like most people mentioned. I've been married for 4 years and due to age restrictions my wife joined me in the UK 2 years in to our marriage. I assumed that our marriage had clearly been established since they granted her the initial spouse visa. The only issue was we didn't have enough letters to show we lived for the 2 years she was in the country. Unusually most of the questions pertained to our marriage rather than life since marriage.

We were asked about the first kiss, (caught me off guard - being the guy I am terrible at remembering these things), the colour of her wedding outfit, witnesses at the wedding and the style of the wedding band I wore. A few questions related to life her including when is the bin collected, colour of the front door, type of kettle in the Spam and the window dressing in the Spam. Hope this is of use to others.

Yesterday we received our approval and also got the biometric residence permit in one go. Very pleased this is over.

Oh I am glad all went well. So what documents did you provide that they thought it wasn't sufficient?