ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

B1 /UKNARIC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahaleem
Newly Registered

B1 /UKNARIC

Post by shahaleem » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:56 am

Hi All,

First of all i would like to take this opportunity to thank to all of you who are supporting and helping the candidates who are trying to seek some information through this forum, and i really thankful to the Board (Immigration Board). This is the most favorite site for the people who's application is due in few couple of days or month.

I have got couple of Questions and appreciate if any one could provide me the answers for this please.
question 1.
I will explain my case first.
I have entered in the UK as a Tier 2 migrant and in End of Sept 2009, then in April 2011 i've changed my status from Tier 2 to Tier 1 (G).
I have extended my Tier 1(G) in Feb 2013. now in the month of Sept 2014 i've qualified to Apply for ILR.
My question is :- from Oct 2013 rules has been changed for English Qualification. In previous extension i have proved my English ability with a certificate from University that DEGREE TAUGHT IN ENGLISH. But some of my friends saying that you need to get either B1 or UKNARIC, where as in SET(O) form it is clearly said on page number 15 of 75 that.

LIFE in the UK -- which compulsory

AND ONE OF THE FOLLOWING LANGUAGE QUALIFICATIONS:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE SPEAKING AND LISTENING QUALIFICATION, OR

A DEGREE TAUGHT OR RESEARCHED IN ENGLISH, OR

ARE YOU OR YOUR PARTNER A NATIONAL OF A MAJORITY ENGLISH SPEAKING
COUNTRY.

The 2nd option i have proved already..

Could any one please advice me what to do.. i should show that i have proved my English as degree taught in English or i should go for B1 or UKNARIC.

Question 2.

My Dependent - she also fall under the same circumstances where i am in. does she need to get B1 or UKNARIC.
another question is she applied for dependent visa in July 3rd 2012, where they have give visa on 18th Sept 2012 and she entered in the Kingdom on 21st Sept 2012, the question is is she Eligible for ILR with me as a dependent under 2yrs condition or she has stay for 5 yrs to get ILR. As for as website consist they are saying that Applied before 9th July 2012 and i have got the receipt which clearly demonstrate that she applied on 3rd July 2012.

Please help me i am in very dilemma now every one is saying differently .. ... even some solicitors don't know and i don't want to take risk.

Many thanks for your help indeed.

Regards,
Shah

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: B1 /UKNARIC

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:07 am

Print out from the PBS calculator if sufficient points awarded and LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shahaleem
Newly Registered

Post by shahaleem » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:06 pm

Amber wrote:Print out from the PBS calculator if sufficient points awarded and LIUK.
Hi Amber,

Many thanks for your reply, just little clarification Printout of PBS calculator is sufficient for my wife as well. Or she has to go for B1 or UKNARIC.

Thanks a lot
Shah

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 pm

For any applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shahaleem
Newly Registered

Post by shahaleem » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:00 am

Amber wrote:For any applicant.
Thanks a lot

shahaleem
Newly Registered

Post by shahaleem » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi ,

Sorry to bother you, i have a small query before i go for premium service in this month.

My question

In the 5 yrs period i have traveled to India so many times but altogether it is 178 days, but my most absence from UK was during my Tier 2 period, as mentioned earlier i entered in the country as Tier 2 migrant after a year i switched my category to Tier 1, now this month i have completed my 5 yrs.

One of my friend is advising i have to get a letter from my previous employer during my Tier 2 stay, as for as this concern this is impossible for me.

Could you please advise what should i do in this regards.

Thanks & Regards.

shahaleem
Newly Registered

Post by shahaleem » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Hi All,

My special thanks to Amber, myself and a dependent ILR application has approved yesterday @ Liverpool. LP premium service experience was fabulous .. i would recommend any one in northwest go to LP.

by the way as Amber suggested i have taken Point based calculator print and Degree taught in English from the University.

For the safer side i have taken the B1 level exam from London Trinity college.. but for sure it was not required for me as well but to avoid confusion i had opted it.

Many thanks Amber.

Re
Shah

boredlady
Newly Registered

Post by boredlady » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 am

hi,
My daughter has just past her A-levels, including English and English literature, she booked 'life in the UK' test but argues she should not be taking English language exam as her qualifications should be enough - I can't find any reason to agree with her - shohould I book B1 test for her ?
Aggie