ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drkooper
United Kingdom

English Test Requirement

Post by drkooper » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:12 pm

I am applying for BC now. I had Tier 1 and then ILR. During ILR I claimed 10 points for my degree from India and had used it during my TIER 1 extension as well.
My question is do I still have to take the B1 exams to satisfy the English requirements or can I make any note or just say that my qualification was accepted by Home Office before and I had used it to claim points during my previous applications.

Help would be appreciated as I dont want to spend more money on getting these qualifications.

Thank you
A

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Re: English Test Requirement

Post by Gnanasekar » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:51 pm

As per page 13 in guide AN if you show the 10 points along with the original certificate that should be fine. I presume that shouldn't be a problem as a year back UKBA accepted the same for my ILR application.

I'm planning to submit the same through NCS the coming weekend. It will be helpful if someone who has used just the certificate and points calculator could reply.