ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psbiotech
Newly Registered

British Citizenship application

Post by psbiotech » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Hi Gurus,
May I request you to help me which form to choose.
1. I got my ILR in May 2014, through 5 yrs Tier 1 General route - I need to apply for Naturalisation first (AN form) then British Passport
2. My child born in India (now 3 yrs) also got ILR in May 2014. Did I need to fill AN for for her or MN1 - Please clarify me

Application Journey to British Passport :
1.Fill AN application form
2. Take appointment at local NCC
3. submit application to NCC
4. Will receive letter of BC interview then attend interview
5. Will receive letter confirming BC ceremony
6. Apply for British Passport

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Many thanks in advance for your help

SP

zeusmagnanimous

Re: British Citizenship application

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:59 pm

psbiotech wrote:Hi Gurus,
May I request you to help me which form to choose.
1. I got my ILR in May 2014, through 5 yrs Tier 1 General route - I need to apply for Naturalisation first (AN form) then British Passport You will need to wait till May 2015 before you can apply
2. My child born in India (now 3 yrs) also got ILR in May 2014. Did I need to fill AN for for her or MN1 - Please clarify me
MN1 section 3(1)

Read the FAQs on the forum, they should answer all your questions.

Application Journey to British Passport :
1.Fill AN application form
2. Take appointment at local NCC I assume you meant NCS. You can also post your application yourself.
3. submit application to NCC
4. Will receive letter of BC interview then attend interview They dont normally ask for an interview unless they have some doubts or other special circumstances.
5. Will receive letter confirming BC ceremony Not exactly - You will get the invitation letter asking you to book a ceremony by calling local council. In case of MN1 you will simply get the naturalization cert in post and there is not need for children to attend ceremony.
6. Apply for British Passport

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Many thanks in advance for your help

SP

jefstudent

Post by jefstudent » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Hope someone can help me this please.

I have got ILR on Marriage to British Citizen and now I am applying for Naturalisation.

I have read the requirements but confused about number 6 where it says provide evidence of marriage.
Does that mean I need all 6 evidence again for proof of address?

Please help

thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:54 pm

No. Evidence of marriage is your marriage certificate.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.