ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC not looking easy to me..Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jayendhar
Newly Registered

EC not looking easy to me..Please Help

Post by Jayendhar » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi all,

I was so happy that I got my HSMP in just 12 days...Its being sent on by Royal Mail and is going to take good 1 months I guess.Meanwhile was looking into the VAF1.I had all these issues.Please be kind enough to answer me through your experiences:

Section 4

Have you ever been refused a visa for UK?

Yes I had been.Rather two times.

Once for HSMP-Reason was they dint consider my significant achievement and work experience as per old HSMP rules.

Once for Working Holiday Maker-They said am going to work and not for holiday and rejected.Also said that my travel plans werent clear.

Have you ever been refused visa for another country?

Yes.When I applied for my Distinguished Talent Permanent Residence in Australia.They again rejected saying they still need more achievements from me.

Should I have to say this in the VAF1.

I had been having very bad lucks with Visas.But this time have got HSMP and am afraid what will happen to my EC.Can somebody advise me.

Jay

umanghere

Post by umanghere » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 am

Hi Jay,

Hope you are lucky this time.
I am no expert but I think you should NOT hide facts. just explain in details as to what went wrong.

Also it might be worth getting professional assistance and get EC done rather then on your own.

umang

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:30 am

well, it did happen with me also. i was denied the EC in UK and then I went to India for EC clearance on HSMP. Earlier I was denied student visa once in india 2yrs ago but later got it. This time when i went to india for EC clearance on HSMP, i didnt mention about rejection of student visa. However , they askedme in inteview about my rejection of EC(not studenT) coz they must have got the information from here. But in my opinion u shld mention it but it wont effect ur aplication

sparo
Newly Registered

Post by sparo » Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:15 am

hi jay,
if i were to be the EC officer, i would look at whether you have cleared all the reqd categories to get 75points and evaluate the relevance in your country (genuinity of job etc.). if thats clear i would give u the visa. u have applied for a visa and u didnot get it for various reasons. this is no crime that u have committed. hence previous refusals wouldnt carry much weight .
do not hide any info from them .be open and prepared to answer the queries.
fyi: i`ve had more than 7 visas for united kingdom and everytime in VAF1 , i showed them no more than 1200 pounds as available income.
i think u will get the visa.
cheers
sparo

gordon

Post by gordon » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:18 am

Does being refused earlier for HSMP approval (on the basis on experience etc) count as a 'visa refusal' ? AG

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 am

gordon wrote:Does being refused earlier for HSMP approval (on the basis on experience etc) count as a 'visa refusal' ? AG
No, we've been through this one before on another thread. If your EC is refused, that's what counts as a visa refusal.

So in my case, the fact that my HSMP app was initially refused means I don't have to claim a rejection when I apply for EC. If I had gotten HSMP approval on the first try but then failed EC, I would have to claim a visa refusal the next time I applied for any type of visa (whether after HSMP approval or for the fiance/spouse/visitor/etc. category).

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:35 am

Definitely not.
gordon wrote:Does being refused earlier for HSMP approval (on the basis on experience etc) count as a 'visa refusal' ? AG

antony

Re: EC not looking easy to me..Please Help

Post by antony » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:27 am

Jayendhar wrote:Hi all,

I was so happy that I got my HSMP in just 12 days...Its being sent on by Royal Mail and is going to take good 1 months I guess.Meanwhile was looking into the VAF1.I had all these issues.Please be kind enough to answer me through your experiences:

Section 4

Have you ever been refused a visa for UK?

Yes I had been.Rather two times.

Once for HSMP-Reason was they dint consider my significant achievement and work experience as per old HSMP rules.

Once for Working Holiday Maker-They said am going to work and not for holiday and rejected.Also said that my travel plans werent clear.

Have you ever been refused visa for another country?

Yes.When I applied for my Distinguished Talent Permanent Residence in Australia.They again rejected saying they still need more achievements from me.

Should I have to say this in the VAF1.

I had been having very bad lucks with Visas.But this time have got HSMP and am afraid what will happen to my EC.Can somebody advise me.

Jay
Yes, You have to mention in the section, what are the visa rejections and which countries rejected. There must not be any hidden items during the application filing process.

Its also good for your application.

All the best!