ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language requirement / Life in the UK test question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrmoges
Newly Registered

Language requirement / Life in the UK test question

Post by mrmoges » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:55 pm

I have been reading in the forum but I could not get a clear answer, so please me help if you can. I had my ILR for 9 years and I'm going to apply for for citizenship now. My question is simple, do i have to take a life in the uk test if I have a UK degree (BA degree from Uni of Gloucestershire)? Isn't the degree taught in England sufficient enough?

pelen23

Re: Language requirement / Life in the UK test question

Post by pelen23 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:10 pm

Language requirements and life in the uk test are two different things. If you would like to become a British Citizen you need to take the life in the uk test unless you are exempt e.g you are over 65. The test is easy . No reason to fail. A degree taught in English should be enough for language requirement but double check this. many people use their degree to demonstrate they meet requirements.

WR1

Re: Language requirement / Life in the UK test question

Post by WR1 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 am

There are 2 requirements to meet in order to fulfil the KOLL.

1. Pass Life in the UK test

2. English language either ESOL B1 or degree taught in English.

You meet the English requirement by having a UK degree.

Prior to 28 October 2013, you only needed one of the above requirements but Home Office changed the rules so now you need to satisfy both requirements.

You need to pass LIUK.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided