ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bammu

Help on British Citizenship

Post by bammu » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Hi moderators

Thanks for all your support which helped me and my family to get the ILR. Now i am planning to apply for naturalization, Once again need your invaluable support and help.

I got ILR in 2010

My wife and my first son( 5 Yrs Old) got ILR in July 2013 and they went back to India in September 2013 for my second son delivery.

My second son born in India and entered UK this month i.e. 9th September 2014 with ILE.

Question :

Is my wife eligible to apply , She is almost 1 yr out of country but for maternity.

Is my two sons eligible and can they apply with me now.

Thanks
Bammu

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Help on British Citizenship

Post by milan69 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:29 pm

She is not eligible to apply as absences over 180 days in the final year will almost most certainly result to application rejection. Anything over 90 days in the final year and she will have to apply for discretion.
Page 7-8:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... let-an.pdf
I am sometimes wrong.

bammu

Post by bammu » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:57 pm

Hi Milan

Thanks for the quick response

I got a ILR 2010 , Does the no of days absence applies to me i.e. last one year not out of country more than 90 days / 450 days in 5 yrs.

And can i include my sons in my application .. I guess for kids residence requirement is not there.

Correct me if am wrong.

Thanks
Bammu

milan69
Diamond Member

Post by milan69 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:27 pm

If you are applying on basis of 5 year residence and if you have been absent for less than 90 days in the final year and less than 450 days in the last 5 years than you are fine.
I know little on requirements for children and I hope someone else can help you with that.
I am sometimes wrong.

bammu

Post by bammu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi

As you said my wife can't apply now for citizenship, Then when can she apply after a year or ?.
She was away from country due to maternity and she was getting maternity allowance here for 4 months.
Can we show the medical reason for the absence now and apply or naturalization.

Thanks
vasanth