ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy aggrement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_sharma90
Mood:
India

Tenancy aggrement

Post by amit_sharma90 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:25 am

Hi,

I am a tier 2 visa and working full time in UK for the past 3 months.
I am going to apply dependent visa for my wife and kid in next months.

Right now I am staying with a family in sharing accommodation and do not have tenancy agreement because there is no point of renting a apartment if family is not here and this is the thing most bachelor will do in uk.

while filing visa for my wife and Kid is it mandatory to submit the application without tenancy agreement. I will submit the maintenance letter and can show them I have more than enough cash in my account to maintain them in UK.

I have seen in the forum that people are submitting the tenancy agreement but this has not be mentioned anywhere in the guidelines of UKBA.

Is there any one is this group who has got the dependent visa without submitting the tenancy agreement. I just wanted to make sure that my application do not get rejected.

Please suggest on the tenancy agreement requirement as I don't have any .

For those who have submitted a tenancy agreement did the UKBA people called the landlord to verify the agreement or it is just for name shake.

Please advise,
Regards

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tenancy aggrement

Post by manci » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:21 am

tenancy agreement is not required for PBS dependant applications.

The policy guidance is here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

Porus

Post by Porus » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:16 am

Hi Manci,
I am having a very similar situation where I want to know even after getting dependent visa will Border agency ask for tenancy agreement for the dependent if he/she is joining the main migrant in UK ?.Or can the dependent say initial hotel stay and then move into a flat along with main migrant?.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:25 am

Porus wrote:Hi Manci,
I am having a very similar situation where I want to know even after getting dependent visa will Border agency ask for tenancy agreement for the dependent if he/she is joining the main migrant in UK ?.
they will not ask for tenancy agreement
Or can the dependent say initial hotel stay and then move into a flat along with main migrant?.