ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Rejection

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Student Visa Rejection

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:52 pm

No - not mine!

My gf's friend, a Czech Student studying in UK, currently in Germany on placement like my gf, just applied for a UK student visa for hs Russian gf. My gf is Russian too just for interests sake although there is no connection.

He booked English classes, accom, and applied not through an agency like I adivsed him to. By 'agency' I mean there are certain orgs in Russia that organise this sort of thing for quite a small fee actually and the one we used had a 100% sucess rate. Anyway - that's not important.

She is studying at uni is Russia in her last year, studying German. She also works as a singer.

The reason she gave on the app form for the visa is she wanted to study english, but she was rejected:

1. She's studying German, so why an English course?

2. No ties, last year at uni, transient job.

She's previously worked as an au-pair in Germany where she met her fiance, some time ago, before he studied at uni.

Now both me and my gf, having jumped thru these hoops, feared the worst with this application so we know the SP, but now we are thinking of a way round this. The rejection is gonna hurt, but I reckon it's not so bleak as it seems.

I think maybe he can use his EU rights in some way if he can get her to Germany, since she has a good immigration history there.

Trouble is, he's back to UK in September this year so not much time. Ultimately I think he'll settle in Germany.

He's a good lad otherwise I would bother taking the baton, so amy advices?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:45 am

I can see why they have refused - it doesn't make sense for her to ditch a german degree to come and study English!!!

What were her responses to these points?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:50 pm

VictoriaS wrote:I can see why they have refused - it doesn't make sense for her to ditch a german degree to come and study English!!!

What were her responses to these points?

Victoria
She said she wanted to teach English so the English course would be important for that. Of course we know that's a terrible answer!

As for the no ties bit I'll find out - I don't recall that bit of the story!

They are planning to appeal but I seem to remember you can't appeal against a student visa refusal, or did I dream it?

I think their best bet would be for her to try for another au-pair visa in Germany - she was sucessful before and taje it from there. Maybe the au-pair visa in Germany is a schengen visa too like my gf's WP is. It's not ideal but it's a start!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:27 pm

Student visas do carry the right of appeal at the moment...but not for long.

I don't quite understand why she is wanting a visa for another country if she is in her final year at Uni. Sounds strange to me, and I guess it will for the ECO or an immigration judge.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!