ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 questions on language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

okokok

2 questions on language

Post by okokok » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:47 pm

My partner and myself are about to apply for ILR.

We are being in the UK for 5 years (Tier 2 General - I'm the main applicant, the partner - as dependent).

Can I ask more experienced peers two questions related to proving the language skills:

1) While applying for Tier 2 in 2009 I have provided evidence that my PhD has been written in English (although in the country which is not at the English-speaking countries list). I was dealing with NARIC, and I took quite a long time. Do I have to contact NARIC again with the same request, or it would be simply enough to mention in my application that the skills have been already shown (in fact I thought it should go automatically anyway, as every Tier 2 applicant should in theory have this requirement met before).

2) My partner past American language tests TOEFL and GRE quite a while ago (15 years ago or so). Would and of these test be recognised for this purpose?

Many thanks to those who could answer my questions!

okokok

Re: 2 questions on language

Post by okokok » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Could anybody please answer my question(s)? Really don't know what to do...