ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language criteria for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pragneshmpatel

Language criteria for naturalisation

Post by pragneshmpatel » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Hi all,
I am planning to apply for naturalisation and language criteria is confusing.

My degree is present on pbs and i claimed all my past english points on this degree.I also have original transcript which mentions medium of instruction was English. is these two document sufficient for language criteria or i still have to apply for UK NARIC certificate for my degree?

Documents:
- Original Degree Certificate
- Original Transcript mentioning "medium of instruction was English"

UK NARIC language certificate needed?

zeusmagnanimous

Re: Language criteria for naturalisation

Post by zeusmagnanimous » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:50 am

pragneshmpatel wrote:Hi all,
I am planning to apply for naturalisation and language criteria is confusing.

My degree is present on pbs and i claimed all my past english points on this degree.I also have original transcript which mentions medium of instruction was English. is these two document sufficient for language criteria or i still have to apply for UK NARIC certificate for my degree?

Documents:
- Original Degree Certificate
- Original Transcript mentioning "medium of instruction was English"

UK NARIC language certificate needed?
I would get NARIC to be on the safe side although I think it is not needed. However be advised that the "medium of instruction is english" certificate is not the same as "Degree was taught in english" certificate and will not be accepted. This is all based on my understanding of reading the posts and asking questions in the past few months.
I was in a similar situation and in the end decided to take the english test to avoid all this nonsense. The next issue you will face is what option to tick on the application form as none of the given options on the form will match your situation. It seems like no one knows for sure.