ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 4 Application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

allerob
Newly Registered

EEA 4 Application

Post by allerob » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:49 pm

Hello, I got a 5 year visa that expires in couple of weeks and about to send in the eea4. Just wanted to check whether its better to send it through a lawyer or do it on my own and if it is straight forward. If someone could also explain the health insurance criteria as me and my wife dont know what that means, it says something about a health insurance card. She has been working full time for past 6 years and so am I.

Please help!
Thanks

KALTS
BANNED

Re: EEA 4 Application

Post by KALTS » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:07 am

Hi there,

Comprehensive Sickness Insurance is required in cases where the EEA national exercises their treaty rights as students or as a self-sufficient. In your case as your EEA Family member has been working for the last 6 years in the UK you don't need to worry about this. Please check this web link for further details..

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ideeea.pdf

Hope this helps.

allerob
Newly Registered

Post by allerob » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:16 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. What does self sufficient mean?? Please explain

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:06 pm

allerob wrote:Thank you very much for your reply. What does self sufficient mean?? Please explain
Self-sufficient means that a person is not working/self-employed or a student, but is living off either their own savings or off the income of the non-EEA citizen, without taking any money from the UK government.

Comprehensive medical insurance is necessary for someone claiming to be self-sufficient or a student in the UK.

If your EU wife has been working in the UK for the last 6 years there shouldn't be any need for you to have medical insurance.

allerob
Newly Registered

Post by allerob » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:39 am

Thanks alot for clarifying