ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Review refused, but Caseworker suggests another review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ikon1400

Review refused, but Caseworker suggests another review

Post by ikon1400 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:58 pm

Guys,

My friend is stuck up with his HSMP application which was initially refused & his review is also turned down now.

see the points here.

1) His application was refused initially stating that one of his month salary was not accountable(actually that month he chaged the company)
2) He then sent a review letter stating that the refusal is not valid since he provided ebough docs to support the change of company proof.
3) now whn he called today he was told that the review is turned down, after a long fight with customer care he spoke to the Case worker.

Case workers conversation

1) caseworker refused again sayin hes not happy with the months earning since he shifted the comp, but hw he earned money.
2) he then explained in phone that even he served notice period, he got a settlement amount which is equal to that months salary.
3) then the caseworker agreed that the case is fine & asked him to go for another review.
4) the caseworker told positively many times that he can go for review which wil be dealt by a manager

Queries

1) Is it still a valid option to apply for another review?
2) as the the rules only one review is allowed i gues?
3) what sort of review letter can he prepare now , can he quote the caseworker asked him to apply for review(infact the caseworker got convinced that he mistook the case)
4) What chances are there if another review is sent?
5) the caseworker said the review team manager can be contacted once the review is faxed, is it true?

Hope this is a long read, i got really surprised when i heard ths from him..hope you wil find it interesting too. Experts please respond.

Cheers
ikon

ball1333

Re: Review refused, but Caseworker suggests another review

Post by ball1333 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 pm

ikon1400 wrote:Queries
1) Is it still a valid option to apply for another review?
If the caseworker said so on the phone, you can try it. I trust your friend got the full name (first name and surname) of the person he talked to? Definitely mention this caseworker by name in the next review request letter.
ikon400 wrote:2) as the the rules only one review is allowed i gues?
It sounds like the caseworker is mistaken OR the rule may be bent at the discretion of managers...as I say, mention the caseworker by name (with the date and time of the phone call when your friend talked to him) in the review request letter.
ikon400 wrote:3) what sort of review letter can he prepare now , can he quote the caseworker asked him to apply for review(infact the caseworker got convinced that he mistook the case)
Absolutely. Quote quote quote away!
ikon400 wrote:4) What chances are there if another review is sent?
Honestly I doubt anyone can measure the probability of this. If the caseworker is mistaken about the possibility of another review, your friend will waste time and then still have to apply fresh, with another GBP 400 fee; if the manager decides that the review may be undertaken, your friend may waste time if he is refused yet again as he will have to pay another GBP 400 for a fresh application anyway. The real question here seems to me to be, "How much time does your friend have to invest before it makes more sense to pay GBP 400 for a totally straightforward application?" As the old chestnut goes, "Time is money". Sometimes it's not worth it to wait and it's better just to get out the chequebook and pay the man.
ikon400 wrote:5) the caseworker said the review team manager can be contacted once the review is faxed, is it true?
You can pick up the phone and ask to speak to them once the review request has been sent if you wish to check for sure, right?

sparo
Newly Registered

Post by sparo » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:36 pm

hi ikon.
if the case worker has told ur friend that he could go for another review then the possibilities are,

1.that there is a genuine possibility of another review.

2.if he had bluffed ur friend or told in ignorance of facts,then he is in for a soup cos the conversation would be recorded and u can pull out all what he asssured. and if he is ignorant of the basic ruling of hsmp then he could be ignorant about the evaluation of docs as well.

3.worst case, hsmp team might apologize on the case workers behalf and may ask ur friend go as per the hsmp guidance notes.

i appreciate ur keenness for ur friend and wish him luck.

cheers
sparo

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:40 am

Guys,

@ball1333, Xlent reply post from you buddy. Thanks. Time is not a constraint for my friend coz hes more upset with his refusal which he was very confident with all this time. As you said some decision we have to sort as how long to wait for this. But will surely do another review as you said.
My friend has got the first name of the CW & not the full name. I guess the refusal letter will have the full name. Corect me?

@sparo, Thanks for your input too. You have pointed a very important info here about 'call recording', i thnk with this the case will become strong if my friend quotes the details of the call in the review letter.

Hes waiting for the refusal letter , once it reaches him .i shal put in exact refusal reason.

Cheers
ikon

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:36 am

ikon1400 wrote:My friend has got the first name of the CW & not the full name. I guess the refusal letter will have the full name. Corect me?
Yes, the refusal letter will have the full name of the caseworker. Good strategy to wait until the refusal letter is in hand - you can quote the reason(s) for refusal accurately.

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:41 am

@ball1333,

you really boosted the spirits of this case. I have been telling my friend about this posts & he feels really confortable now.

Thanks.

Cheers
Ikon