ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British girl wants to marry a non-UK citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AimeeJay
Newly Registered

British girl wants to marry a non-UK citizen

Post by AimeeJay » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:29 pm

Hi friends,

I am a British girl, 20 years old, who is in love with an Indian boy.
I need some suggestions from you guys.

Can my BF come to UK with "VISIT-Marriage" Visa & then get married with me & the apply for a spouse visa ?
My fiance can come here with HSMP visa & then we can get married.
But i wud like to know whether there are any alternative ways. (to save time & money).

Recently i have been diagnosed with Cancer & it wud take 4-6 months to complete the treatment. & till that time, i may not be able to work.
I want my BF to come here ASAP & be with me.
I can't support him financially. but he can find a job once he comes here.
(he is in IT field). we can stay in my step-brother's house( 3BHK house) till we can stay on own.

can he come here with "VISIT-Marriage" visa & get married with me here & then apply for a Spouse visa? (FYI: we haven't met each other till now).

Please tell me your suggestions for easy & fastest ways for him to come here.
please.
your suggestion will help us immensely.

Thanks
AimeeJay

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:24 pm

First of all, sorry to hear about your condition, lts hope youtr treatment will be successful.

Before we answer any further, are you saying you haven't physically met your bf yet? If not you can't apply for a fiance visa.

I don't think you can switch visas in-country on a marriage visit visa.

I suspect the cheapest and most surefire way would be for him to come on HSMP if he qualifies. Are you saying ur bf has the HSMP visa or that u think he might qualify? Otherwise the only other was I can think of is for u to marry in India and apply for spuse visa.

And know the Dear Deirdre bit, I suggest you think twice before marrying anyone you haven't physically met, belive me it can all be there over the phone, on MSN, in emails, but face-to-face is totally different and by then you could be in too deep to admit it's a mistake. I've seen this first hand.

Lecture over!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

AimeeJay
Newly Registered

Post by AimeeJay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:31 am

Thanks Wanderer.
And yeh, i am hoping that i will get better. the treatment is going gud.

I understand that we cant apply for Fiance Visa.

I have some questions now.

1. If we get married in India, will that be recognised in UK? & Can he apply for Spouse visa using that ?

2. Can my step-brother sponsor a fiance visa, had we met each other before ?

and to answer ur question...

He is qualified for HSMP. but it will consume more time. so we wanted to avoid that time loss.(also money !!)

And, wot u said is right. it may be gud if we have met each other before.
But, my BF is a genuine & gentlemanly guy. :)
of course we are gonna meet & be togther for some time b4 getting married.

but u know wot.. now i have nobody for me. both my (divorced)parents have deserted me.
my step-brother will support me only for some more time.& i am getting my treatment in NHS!

Thanks
with regards
Aimeejay

AimeeJay
Newly Registered

Post by AimeeJay » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:32 am

Thanks Wanderer.

1. If we get married in India, will that be recognised in UK? & Can he apply for Spouse visa using that ?

He is qualified for HSMP. but it will consume more time. so we wanted to avoid that time loss.(also money !!)

but u know wot.. now i have nobody for me. both my (divorced)parents have deserted me.
my step-brother will support me only for some more time.& i am getting my treatment in NHS!

Thanks
with regards
Aimeejay

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:57 am

AimeeJay wrote:Thanks Wanderer.

Thanks
with regards
Aimeejay
You cannot apply for a fiancee visa if you have never met. So you will need to sort that out first before even thinking of him applying for that. The same is true for the spouse visa - you must have met each other (anywhere in the world) and have evidence of your relationship. If he can come to the UK on a visitor's visa and you spend time together (or conversely if you visit India, and get married there) and you collect documentary evidence of your relationship, then that will help. But I doubt you are in any condition to undertake a trip abroad?

I don't know about your brother sponsoring him. Your brother can say he will provide you with accommodation the like, but I don't think he can be the sole financial sponsor for him (even if your fiance is going to work after arriving in the UK).

Take a look at the requirements for the fiance and spouse visa....if the marriage is legally recognised in India (as opposed to a ceremonial 'blessing' or something) then the UK also recognises it. With that you can apply for a spouse visa, with documentary evidence. But, again, are you able to travel?

AimeeJay
Newly Registered

Post by AimeeJay » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:22 pm

yeah, i understand that we can't apply for a Fiance visa or Spouse visa until we have met.

If I dont have any place to live here, then I might go to India and continue the treatment there.
In that case we may get married in India. (in a Register office).

Are you sure, the marriage performed(in Register office) in India can be used to apply for Spouse visa?

coz, i saw in the GRO website, for registering marriages, which are done outside UK, with GRO. The list of recognised countries does not have India.!

Regards,
AimeeJay

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:15 pm

AimeeJay wrote:yeah, i understand that we can't apply for a Fiance visa or Spouse visa until we have met.

If I dont have any place to live here, then I might go to India and continue the treatment there.
In that case we may get married in India. (in a Register office).

Are you sure, the marriage performed(in Register office) in India can be used to apply for Spouse visa?

coz, i saw in the GRO website, for registering marriages, which are done outside UK, with GRO. The list of recognised countries does not have India.!

Regards,
AimeeJay
Well for the x thousand UK Indians that bring their spouse over to the UK every year, I think they do! The UK recognises any legal marriage (if you have a certificate and are officially registered) in ANY country. Which is why I mentioned that as long as it is an official marriage (rather than just a 'blessing' or something) then the UK will accept it.

As for your treatment in India....do you think they'll allow it? It would have to be private, as you are not a national of India (even if you are of Indian origin). The NHS won't pay for you to go there!

Anyway - arrange to meet, before thinking of all this immigration applications!