ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA wife of EEA national applying for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zonkkk

EEA wife of EEA national applying for Naturalisation

Post by zonkkk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:08 am

Hi all, my wife and I came to live in the UK more than 6 years ago. We are EU citizens and I have been working as an employee since day one.
I have no issues proving residency or exercising treaty rights for myself, as I have everything I need from my employer.

My issue is how do I prove that my wife has been resident in the UK for the past 6 years. She has not worked, although she had the right to work. The main problem is that we do not get our passports stamped when going back and forth to Europe.

I do have some utility bills with her name on them but these do not cover the first year (2008-2009).

What can I send to the Home Office to make sure they understand/believe that she has been in the country since 2008?

Thanks.

MSaxp

Re: EEA wife of EEA national applying for Naturalisation

Post by MSaxp » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:42 pm

If you get citizenship first, then she can apply as a spouse of a british national and the residence period is 3 years.

Does she not have utility bills, bank statements, tenancy agreements, council tax payments, electoral roll, anything?

zonkkk

Re: EEA wife of EEA national applying for Naturalisation

Post by zonkkk » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:10 pm

She has bank statements and Utility bills from the end of 2009, and I could get a copy of our first tenancy agreement from the first house we've stayed in. This would be a copy of the contract from the letting agency so no original. Would a copy be acceptable?

I could just wait another year and wait until next year before I can prove with utility bills that she was in the country, but she is entitled to apply now as we have both come together to live here.