ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries on UK Family Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahisusan
Newly Registered

Queries on UK Family Visitor Visa

Post by mahisusan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 am

Hi,
I would like to invite my parents on Family Visitor Visa. We will have to translate their property documents to English as all the documents are in Tamil and they have some fixed deposits from last two months but don't have any other income proof.
I am not sure whether the whole document should be translated to English and whom to contact for this translation and getting the current valuation. Could you please advise me whom to contact and what is required to translate??

Obie
Ireland

Re: Queries on UK Family Visitor Visa

Post by Obie » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:00 am

An independent translator in your country of origin, will be appropriate.

Everything you supply as proof has to be translated in English.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mahisusan
Newly Registered

Re: Queries on UK Family Visitor Visa

Post by mahisusan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks for the reply. I have spoken with UK Visas and Immigration contact centre - 0300 123 2241
They said there is no specification and UKBA don't suggest the authority to do it, even we can do the translation on our own

Certifying a translation

If you need to certify a translation of a document that’s not written in English or Welsh, ask the translation company to confirm in writing on the
translation:

that it’s a ‘true and accurate translation of the original document’
the date of the translation
the full name and contact details of the translator or a representative of the translation company