ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DEPENDANTS OF LONG RESIDENCE ILR URGENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fizzi4u
Newly Registered

DEPENDANTS OF LONG RESIDENCE ILR URGENT

Post by fizzi4u » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:04 am

HI ALL,

Anybody can help me please.
I want to ask few things if you would help me i really appreciate it.

Currently I am on tier-1 general visa and i have recently applied for ILR on long residence SET(LR). My wife is my dependent and she is also on Tier-1 General Dependent visa which is valid till 02-05-2016. so my question here is when i gets my ILR then when my wife can apply for ILR i mean how long she has to complete the qualifying period?. Does she need to apply for FLR(M) or FLR(FP)? or she can directly apply for ILR on her own basis on the completing of required qualifying period. just want to mention here my wife came to uk in april 2010 as TIER-1 PSW but she switched her visa as a tier-1 general dependant in march 2011.
if she must need to switch her visa to FLR(M) OR FLR(FP) then does she need to apply for it straight after i gets my ILR? and how long she has to extend her visa till she gets ILR?

Many thanks.
fizzy4u

Obie
Ireland

Re: DEPENDANTS OF LONG RESIDENCE ILR URGENT

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Well why did you not continue on Tier 1.

It looks like your wife will start all over again and will qualify for settlement after 5 years, provided of course you meet the financial requirements.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

redrosekhan
Newly Registered

Re: DEPENDANTS OF LONG RESIDENCE ILR URGENT

Post by redrosekhan » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:44 am

fizzi4u wrote:HI ALL,

Anybody can help me please.
I want to ask few things if you would help me i really appreciate it.

Currently I am on tier-1 general visa and i have recently applied for ILR on long residence SET(LR). My wife is my dependent and she is also on Tier-1 General Dependent visa which is valid till 02-05-2016. so my question here is when i gets my ILR then when my wife can apply for ILR i mean how long she has to complete the qualifying period?. Does she need to apply for FLR(M) or FLR(FP)? or she can directly apply for ILR on her own basis on the completing of required qualifying period. just want to mention here my wife came to uk in april 2010 as TIER-1 PSW but she switched her visa as a tier-1 general dependant in march 2011.
if she must need to switch her visa to FLR(M) OR FLR(FP) then does she need to apply for it straight after i gets my ILR? and how long she has to extend her visa till she gets ILR?

Many thanks.
fizzy4u
once you get you Ilr on long stay residency (Set LR) your mrs will have to switch to FLR (M) visa which will be granted for 2.5 years ,to get FLR (m) visa you will have to show 18600 pounds earning and if any of your children born outside Uk you have to show more 2400 pounds each child.also you will have to show 2 years bills on joint name of yours and mrs or 6 bills on your name and 6 bills on mrs name from seprate sources.once u get ILR the time your mrs already spend in UK will be null and void she will have to start again..