ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA. Please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minhr

EEA. Please help

Post by Minhr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:16 am

Hello Everyone.

Read a lot about applying for EEA and EEA2 but still have some questions. I'm Belarusian national, my wife is Lithuanian and we have a kid (from here 1st marriage). We are living in Lithuania were I have residency permit.
Here I described how I see the situation, please correct if I'm wrong.

1. I can apply for EEA when my wife is in Lithuania. It doesn't matter if she is here or in UK, the only difference is if she is in UK for more than 3 month she should provide additional information about exercising a treaty right.
2. Our salaries and our savings can not be the reason of negative reply. Am I right? Of course I'll provide all information, but also if I'll write N/A in all fields it shouldn't influence the result.
3. The place we are going to stay in UK. I will provide details about the place we are going to stay at first, at our friends. But it is also can not be the reason of negative answer if I'll not provide it. I didn't find any document where this condition is a must. By the way, when we change place of living, should I inform Home Office or any other Migration Authority about it?
4. When I fill in Application Form I should write period of stay 6 month, am I right (because EEA is giving for 6 month). And then explain in Cover Letter that we are going to stay for longer period and I'll apply for EEA2.
5. When should I apply for EEA2? It can take up to 6 month for making a desicion, so I should apply asap. I see it next way: we arrive to UK, my wife and I (or only she) find job and starting from that moment it is better to apply. I'm not taking in consideration the situation of active job seeking, cause all my steps will be same. The only condition to receive EEA2 is that my wife should be exercising a treaty right, am I right?
6. After I applid for EEA2 i will receive COA, where will be written can I work or not in UK, before I get EEA2. Really strange thing, because I already have 6 month family permit, which gives me right to work.
7. If EEA2 application takes much time and 6 month period is coming to the end, what to do? Is it possible to stay till getting final reply, or in this case it is necessary to ask for passport return, leave UK and wait till the reply will come. In case of positive reply, residency permit will be made on paper and my wife can send it to me, so I can enter UK with it. Or it doesn't work this way.

Thanks in advance. Really need your help.