ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Absences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

ILR Absences

Post by samira_uk » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:07 am

Dear All,

I am going to apply for ILR in Feb 2015. As you all know, the continues residency requirement is very vague and unclear for Tier 1 migrants. Below is my scenario:
Entered the UK in Feb 2010 and found a part time job (no paid annual leave)
Left the UK in May 2010 and returned in July 2010 (about 67 days) for both visiting family and also assessing a business (I wanted to establish a business in the UK but my client base was in my home country)
Left the UK in October 2010 and returned two weeks later, unemployed and looking for job
Left the UK in April 2011 and returned three weeks later, again unemployed and looking for job
In May I finalized my business idea and register as a sole trader
in August 2011 I found a full time permanent job and since then all of my absences have been work related and paid leave

Guidance is so vague about the Tier 1 General. Will I face any problem for absences before August 2011?

samira_uk
BANNED

Re: ILR Absences

Post by samira_uk » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:16 am

Any idea?