ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STUDENT APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK EEA3

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tobakos1
Newly Registered

STUDENT APPLYING FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN THE UK EEA3

Post by tobakos1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi everyone

I am really in need of advice. I have been in the UK for over five years now and my EEA3 application got rejected on the basis that as a student, I did not have comprehensive sickness insurance. I am currently looking to get a comprehensive sickness insurance and re-apply. I was wondering if I need to have had the CSI for a continuous five years or if all I need is to simply have CSI. Reason I am asking is because a friend of mine applied for permanent residence in the UK by simply getting the CSI and applying for EEA3 as a student through a solicitor and he got the permanent residence. So can I just obtain a CSI now and send an application or do I need to have a solicitor for my application to be successful?

Please let me know if anyone has applied for this and what was asked of you.