ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accomodation for Spouse Visa - Commuting distance

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HXM872

Accomodation for Spouse Visa - Commuting distance

Post by HXM872 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:31 pm

Hi,

I am recently going to apply for a spouse visa for my wife. I had few questions regarding the accomodation for spouse visa.

I work in Manchester and live with my parents in Birmingham. Basically I commute from Manchester to Birmingham everyday via train (using season train ticket). I intend to stay with my parents till my wife arrives here in Uk and then I would look for a new flat. So, basically for the visa application I will be showing my parents accomodation details.

Please find below the questions I have

1) My commuting time (one-way) is 1.5hrs from Manchester to Birmingham. Would the commuting distance/time be a concern for the spouse visa (particularly the accomodation) ?
*P.S: I can send in my season train tickets to confirm that I commute every day.

2) As my parents live in a rental property and I just pay the broadband bill. So, just to confirm, should I be just sending the broadband bill (to prove my address), letter from landlord, invitation letter from parents, and property inspection report ? Is there any other document that I need to send ?

I would really appreciate if someone knowledgeable could answer my questions.

Thank you.

Mattcin
Newly Registered

Re: Accomodation for Spouse Visa - Commuting distance

Post by Mattcin » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Hi,

I don't think any of it would be a problem if you just explain all you mentioned in your post in a cover letter and attach your season tickets and any bill or other letters that you receive under that address mainly official letters like maybe tax office letter. Also make sure the landlord and your parents mentions that you have their consent to bring your spouse to live together.
Assuming that you will have your own bedroom to have as your private quarters within the house, then I should think accommodation shouldn't be problem. I hope other will confirm this and good luck.

HXM872

Post by HXM872 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Thanks Mattcin for answering. I really appreciate it.
I am just waiting if anyone else can also confirm or have had similar situation that they went through.

HXM872

Post by HXM872 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:53 am

Casie, obie..............can you advice please ? Many thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:06 pm

A daily commuting time of 1.5 hours wouldn't be considered unreasonable. Living with family won't be a problem as long as you submit the following;
A letter from your parents agreeing to you and your wife living there
Evidence that the accommodation won't be overcrowded
If the property is rented, a letter from the landlord agreeing to you living there
You can submit something to prove this is your current address, but the Entry Clearance Officer will be more interested to see that this will be where you and your wife will live.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:10 pm

Casa wrote:A daily commuting time of 1.5 hours wouldn't be considered unreasonable.
I've done that every morning for the last 5 years! It's considered pretty normal if you're going to try and live outside London while working in it!

HXM872

Post by HXM872 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks for the response Casa. Yes, I can provide all these documents you have mentioned

1.5 hrs commuting time is one way for Birmingham to Manchester. Total commuting time per day comes out to be 3-4 hrs everyday.

In terms of proving that I will live with my wife at my parents home (birmingham), to be honest I am not sure what specific document I could provide. My all official documents such as my bank statement, payslips etc have my parents address on it. In addition to that, I could probably send in my season train ticket just as a proof that I travel everyday.