ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Divorce proceedings

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Timeline for Divorce proceedings

Post by tonero1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:16 pm

Dear All
will someone be kind enough to tell me how long it takes the court to send an acknowledgement of Service for a divorce after the application has been lodged.
I read that WITHIN A FEW DAYS OF SENDING THE DIVORCE PETITION TO THE COURT, the Court sends a copy of the Divorce Petition to the other spouse known as the Respondent.
Here is my timeline:
I sent off an application on the 9th of September 2014, I am yet to receive a response(acknowledgement) from the court, My ex has also not received any response from the court too.
Secondly, can someone also advise if I will be getting my marriage certificate back after the process has been concluded.
Looking forward to hearing from the distinguished members of this forum.
kind regards
Tonero

Imshzd

Re: Timeline for Divorce proceedings

Post by Imshzd » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:42 pm

It's too long,you have to contact to the court by phone.
Court will not return your marriage certificate but you can order a duplicate copy on line or from the council where your marriage was solemnised.

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:33 pm

Thank you very much, I will proceed to call the court and find out what the problem is.

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Dear All
I need further advice. I rang the court yesterday about the progress of my divorce application. I was told by a member of staff (lady) that my incomplete form has been returned back to me since on the 10th of last month (September). According to her, she does not know the reason it was returned. She said I should have received it by now, she also said that they cannot tell me where it is because they only send letters by 1st class post. She advised that I should go to my local delivery centre (which I did)
I was told by my local royal mail delivery office that they do not know where it is because it is not a registered mail…. I am so lost and gutted. The divorce application has already been returned to me twice before this last one. The reason given for the return is because I did not fill it in correctly i.e. part 2 of the form – “the place of marriage must be completed exactly the same way as it appears on your marriage certificate. This must include any printed or hand written text”. I did it 2x and the same reason was given as above
I believe I copied it exactly as it should be, now I do not know what to do, I have my original marriage certificate and a postal order for £410 included in the said returned incomplete divorce application. It is so shocking the person I spoke to just fobbed me off, she was indifferent to my plight. She just suggested getting a replacement marriage certificate and 410 postal as if it is something that I can pick up from anywhere.
PLEASE GUYS I NEED YOUR HELP!!
Looking forward to hearing from the distinguished moderators.
Tonero

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. My advise will be to immediately contact the post office to report lost postal order.
this is from royal mail website
"If your Postal Order is lost in the post then obtain a P58, lost post form, from a branch and send it off to Royal Mail (address on the form) along with proof of purchase no earlier than 15 days after posting. Please keep a copy of your Postal order receipt as we'll require the unique ID number.

If your Postal Order is stolen please report it to the police and obtain a Crime Reference Number. The police need to contact us with this Crime Reference Number. From here call us on 0345
Calls to 0345 will cost no more than calling a standard geographic number starting with 01 or 02 from your fixed line or mobile and may be included in your call package dependent on your service provider 722 3344 and we can issue a refund if the order has not been cashed."

Also why don't you approach the citizen advise bureau or even the family court you are submited the divorce petition to for help. They provide service for divorce form filling free of charge you know.
GOD BLESS!!!

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:55 pm

Thanks a lot fatimah.
i will contact the citizen advise bureau for help regarding the filling of the form
cheers

Needhelp2014
BANNED

Post by Needhelp2014 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:15 pm

My divorce just took 4 weeks in total. Very quick this days.

I tried to delay but the Judge said that even though I want to prevent a financial remedy against my partner that she see no reason why she have to delay the case;(

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:41 am

[quote="Needhelp2014"]My divorce just took 4 weeks in total. Very quick this days.

I tried to delay but the Judge said that even though I want to prevent a financial remedy against my partner that she see no reason why she have to delay the case;([/quote]

4 weeks?? from submission of form D8 + receipt of Decree Nisi + submission of form D36 which should be made after 6 weeks after Decree Nisi :shock:
GOD BLESS!!!

Needhelp2014
BANNED

Post by Needhelp2014 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:43 pm

I was told that they cant make it even more quicker if they want too. Quite shocking but I dont know why they made it so quick

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:00 pm

This is really interesting!!! i was in the thought that since it is clearly stipulated in th decree Nisi that you cannot request for the Nisi to be made absolute before a period of six weeks well people have to wait the 6 weeks. But it seems that you just ignore this rules and applied straight away thus 4 weeks in total for you to be divorce. Well done
GOD BLESS!!!

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:10 pm

fatimahh wrote:This is really interesting!!! i was in the thought that since it is clearly stipulated in th decree Nisi that you cannot request for the Nisi to be made absolute before a period of six weeks well people have to wait the 6 weeks. But it seems that you just ignore this rules and applied straight away thus 4 weeks in total for you to be divorce. Well done
Not as interesting as you might think. She just confused a few things. Check it out:

Oct 14, 2014 6:15 pm
Needhelp2014 wrote:My divorce just took 4 weeks in total. Very quick this days.

I tried to delay but the Judge said that even though I want to prevent a financial remedy against my partner that she see no reason why she have to delay the case;(
Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 pm
Needhelp2014 wrote:I been legal in uk for ten years. Did got married to a guy two years ago but we separated .Divorce was petition before the three years. We was together for 2years and 5 months. Decree of absolute will be declared on 26 November.
1) You NEVER know when exactly Decree Absolute will be declared. 2) You don't say "divorce just took 4 weeks in total" on October 14, and then 8 days later "reschedule" DA to the end of November.

There is no miracle, she just confused a few things, that's all. I will never believe that judge would drop 6 weeks of waiting time before applying for DA. And this is not the only waiting time during the process. I went through it myself. Four months, and we did everything as quickly as humanly possible.
Mean what you say, say what you mean

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Dear All
Can you please advise. I finally received a letter from the court saying

"thank you for your application for Decree Nisi dated 21st January 2015. I can confirm that your application , together with the court file, has been referred to the District Judge for directions. Once the matter has been referred to the Judge there is no target time for the Judge to process these matter, the Judge will review these files as soon as they are able, bearing in mind that they must deal with these matters in addition to their normal court lists. You will be notified of the outcome of this referral once we have the file back"

So what is/will be the position of things as it stands, what does this mean?
looking forward to hearing/ getting information from distinguished members of the house.
regards
Tonero

Miracle need

Post by Miracle need » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:55 pm

tonero1 wrote:Dear All
Can you please advise. I finally received a letter from the court saying

"thank you for your application for Decree Nisi dated 21st January 2015. I can confirm that your application , together with the court file, has been referred to the District Judge for directions. Once the matter has been referred to the Judge there is no target time for the Judge to process these matter, the Judge will review these files as soon as they are able, bearing in mind that they must deal with these matters in addition to their normal court lists. You will be notified of the outcome of this referral once we have the file back"

So what is/will be the position of things as it stands, what does this mean?
looking forward to hearing/ getting information from distinguished members of the house.
regards
Tonero
I think its acknowledgement receipt of your decree nisi application. But after reading your previous post then how did you find your divorce petition and postal order which was lost in post? Why court sent back form when you filled it correctly?

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:08 am

Dear Miracle need
I had to fill out a new form, get a replacement marriage certificate from the church we got married at and also had to fork out another set of postal orders (£410)
The court said i did not fill the form correctly because of an omitted word..(there was a typo error on my marriage cert... they insisted that i include that typo error). Thank God we have now gone past that stage

Miracle need

Post by Miracle need » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Oh post office mistake cost you £410 :( . Did you fill divorce petition yourself without professional help and how is this process if both parties agree??

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:22 pm

Dear All
Thanks for your advice and support so far, I have received my Certificate of entitlement to a decree.
Lets see how everything pans out from here.
Good luck to everyone in the struggle
Tonero

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:47 am

Dear All
I have finally received my Decree Absolute. Can anyone advise what EEA Form I can use to apply for a retained right of residence.
I need your assistance. Please advise.
regards
Tonero

tonero1
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by tonero1 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:06 pm

dear all
i finally got my retained right of residence after 3 months and 25 days
thanks
tonero1