ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Director and also self employed registered with HMRC

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Director and also self employed registered with HMRC

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:49 pm

I did put this question before but that was unfortunately complicated in wordings so putting again in simple words.

I am director and also want to register myself as self employed with HMRC as management consultant(same SOC)
will there be any problem from extension point of view.
I know there will be self return etc for being self employed.

Reason( a company want me only to work rather than anybody else from my company)

Thanks

ali31

Re: Director and also self employed registered with HMRC

Post by ali31 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:02 am

I am director of my company and self employed. I don't see any issue unless your accounts are not clear.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:26 pm

ali31 wrote:I am director of my company and self employed. I don't see any issue unless your accounts are not clear.
thanks for reply

are you registered as self employed with HMRC

ali31

Post by ali31 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:04 am

ishfaqsangra wrote:
ali31 wrote:I am director of my company and self employed. I don't see any issue unless your accounts are not clear.
thanks for reply

are you registered as self employed with HMRC
Yes, I am.

adeel82
Newly Registered

Post by adeel82 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:05 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a similar question, I am on entrepreneur visa and registered as director of the company and as self employed as well. I am getting the salary as director and in addition I share profits from my company as the result of IT services we provide. I want to submit my tax returns and pay my tax rather than paying through company. I just wanted to double check if its acceptable to be working as director and self employed for the same company. I am not working as self employed/contractor for any other company.