ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cause for delay in priority application?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nickmpco

Cause for delay in priority application?

Post by nickmpco » Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:29 am

Hi All,

I have applied for a tier 2 priority visa. From what I can tell, everything should be straightforward and I meet all of the points required for application. However, I received a letter with no information stating that they would not be able to process my application in the 10 workings days for the priority service. I called the UKVI hotline and they are not able to tell me anything - not even a rough estimate of when a decision would be made. I wrote the case worker, but who knows if he will be able to tell me anything. I am applying in the UK switching from a tier 4 dependent (although I originally came to the UK as a tier 4 student)

The letter only states that they usually process priority applications in "ten working days from the date it was submitted, unfortunately this is not going to be possible in your case"

No other information. Of course, this has gotten me incredibly paranoid and I just cant relax as my entire livelihood is at stake (even though it has only been 15 working days). First, does anybody know what would be some standard causes for this delay? Second, has anybody been in a similar situation and how long did the delay last? I would like to make travel plans!

Thanks so much!

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Cause for delay in priority application?

Post by manci » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:37 am

since you have a restricted CoS may be UKVI are checking the sponsor's application for it and the RLMT(if one was needed) - this is just a guess but may be the cause of the delay.

Janet Wang
Newly Registered

Post by Janet Wang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:48 pm

Hello Nickmpco:

I am having a same situation with you now. I am wondering could you please share your experience with me?
Did you figure our what happened? What cause the delay? And how long did you wait to get the visa back?

Because I have been waiting for more than a month now.

Thanks for your help.

Janet

Raj5394
Newly Registered
India

Post by Raj5394 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:21 am

Hi Manci & Nickpomo,
I am in similar situation. It has been 10 days on priority visa application for tier2 general restricted category and I have still not got any response from UKVI. Can you advise on your timelines and outcome?

Thanks,
Raj.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:24 am

Raj5394 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:21 am
Hi Manci & Nickpomo,
I am in similar situation. It has been 10 days on priority visa application for tier2 general restricted category and I have still not got any response from UKVI. Can you advise on your timelines and outcome?

Thanks,
Raj.
Kindly refrain from digging up topics from 2014 to tag your question onto.

Continue in your own topic if you have one or start your own topic with your circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.