ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT NEED TO TRAVEL AFTER FLR(M) APPLICATION

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fortcharllote
Newly Registered
Jamaica

URGENT NEED TO TRAVEL AFTER FLR(M) APPLICATION

Post by fortcharllote » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:31 pm

Hello All,

My partner has recently applied to extend his spouse visa. He was eligible to apply for ILR however he did not pass the life in the UK test. I submitted his application on the 22nd September 2014.

We received news last night that his Dad passed away in Jamaica and now we will have to start making travel arrangements to go out and help with the funeral preparation.

This morning I received a letter from HO to say he should go to the post office to submit biometric details.

I just want to know if anyone knows if we would be able to get back both passports from the home office to travel to Jamaica?
If we do get it back, what is the likelihood of them returning it with Visa in tow.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Obie
Ireland

Re: URGENT NEED TO TRAVEL AFTER FLR(M) APPLICATION

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Make a request from them explaining the circumstance of the case, and the fact that you intend to travel.

If they refuse, you will lose your money and he may be without a leave, and will need to apply for an EC on return.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors