ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ruleoflaw
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa questions

Post by Ruleoflaw » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 am

Hi all, my non-EEA partner is planning to apply for a spouse visa. I have an income exceeding £18600 with no dependant. However, I don't have any saving. Could this be a potential for refusal?

Secondly, I am renting and living with my landlord and a housemate. I saw somewhere saying that the accommodation has to be 'exclusive' to a family. Will this be a problem?

Rayking

Re: Spouse Visa questions

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:18 am

Ruleoflaw wrote:Hi all, my non-EEA partner is planning to apply for a spouse visa. I have an income exceeding £18600 with no dependant. However, I don't have any saving. Could this be a potential for refusal?

Secondly, I am renting and living with my landlord and a housemate. I saw somewhere saying that the accommodation has to be 'exclusive' to a family. Will this be a problem?
Your income should be fine and you don't need savings.
Living with your landlord gives you less protection and your landlord can evict you without even going to court. For this reason,you need at least Assured shorthold tenancy AST,which should have at least 6 months agreement.
An ECO expects to see an accommodation that is secured and not overcrowded. Better to get a new place than apply and then worry till you get a decision, just a suggestion though.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:13 pm

RayKing I don't think proof of secure accommodation is that necessary. Many people apply with plans to live with friends and relatives and in theory they could be asked to leave at any time... or not even plan to live there anyway!

I think a standard tenancy agreement, letter agreeing to allow spouse to move in and perhaps a property inspection should be enough.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:21 pm

I agree with Sohopeful
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:14 pm

That's actually true! Though I've heard where some of this terrible ECO'S pick on applicant's accommodation. But it's hard to question or disagree with your experiences. :D

Ruleoflaw
Newly Registered

Post by Ruleoflaw » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Thanks for the replies. But is the property inspection report really necessary?

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:05 pm

For sponsors in shared accommodation it is recommended.

Ruleoflaw
Newly Registered

Post by Ruleoflaw » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks. I have just done that and am waiting for the report.

Another question re: bank statements. Do I have to submit every single pages of my bank statements for 6 months or I can submit only the pages that show the payment of my salary each month?

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:08 pm

Submit them all. If you only submit some - you'll confuse them when they try to string them together - or they'll believe there are statements missing.

chlosa89
Newly Registered

FLR(FP)

Post by chlosa89 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:38 pm

hi

can someone please help me out.
i want to apply using the FLR (FP) form for stay in the uk. i have been a student and cannot extend my stay as a student as i have spent five years which is the limit. however my husband and i dont meet the financial required to the Form FLR(M). I just want to ask do i need to have 18,600 to apply for the 10year route on the FLR (FP) form?

thanx in advance

Ruleoflaw
Newly Registered

Post by Ruleoflaw » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 pm

chlosa89, please start your own tread. Don't hijack please!

chlosa89
Newly Registered

Post by chlosa89 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:28 pm

sorry i dont know how to im new ..can u please point me on whre to go

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:48 am

chlosa89 wrote:sorry i dont know how to im new ..can u please point me on whre to go
Click on the forum you want to post in. In your case this link http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... y-members/
Then click on NEW TOPIC (in red) on top left hand side.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.