ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Residence Card My Questions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residence Card My Questions

Post by scoutunderground » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:24 am

hi there people, this look like a place where people have all answers. Good.
I also applied for EEA2. I sent the eea2 form with documents 20/09/2014
Just received the confirmation that home office received my documents. 03/10/2014
I think its confirmation since I can see some kind of REFERENCE number of my application. What can I do with my reference number?
I have eea family permit visa valid till January of 2015... I have a job with contract till the end of my visa, january 2015!

My questions are.
1.I hear that this EE2 RC takes up to 6 months to receive. My visa is valid 3 months more, what Im going to do when my eea family permit visa expires? Do I have to leave uk or wait till I receive my UK RC if its all went fine with it.

2. I need to travel to my origin country to visit my family in 2 months, I will need my passport. How can I ask them to send my passport to my uk address, how long it takes to get it, when should I ask them to send it to me. And most importing question, does this, me asking for my passport, affects the period n the process of my EE2 RC?

3. If my visa expires and I still didnt receive my EE2 RC, can I work in UK, I already have a job, can I still have that job?
How can I prove to my employeer that Im waiting for RC card? So that he can extend my contract!

4. In my confirmation letter they suggested, home office, not to try to call, and to ask about RC.
But yet again I see her people calling them? Which number should I use to call for further information?

5. If I ask for passport to send it back to me, how the EE2 RC will look like, where it will be? Do they need my passport to put it in there, like they did with 6 month visa?

bless u all, hope someone will give me quick answer on all of em...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA2 Residence Card My Questions

Post by chaoclive » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:14 am

scoutunderground wrote:hi there people, this look like a place where people have all answers. Good.
Just received the confirmation that home office received my documents. 03/10/2014
I think its confirmation since I can see some kind of REFERENCE number of my application. What can I do with my reference number?
I have eea family permit visa valid till January of 2015... I have a job with contract till the end of my visa, january 2015!

My questions are.
1.I hear that this EE2 RC takes up to 6 months to receive. My visa is valid 3 months more, what Im going to do when my eea family permit visa expires? Do I have to leave uk or wait till I receive my UK RC if its all went fine with it. DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOUR EEA FAMILY PERMIT GOES OUT OF DATE. AS LONG AS YOUR SPOUSE/PARTNER IS STILL EXERCISING HIS/HER TREATY RIGHTS IN THE UK, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY. JUST WAIT FOR YOUR RC.

2. I need to travel to my origin country to visit my family in 2 months, I will need my passport. How can I ask them to send my passport to my uk address, how long it takes to get it, when should I ask them to send it to me. And most importing question, does this, me asking for my passport, affects the period n the process of my EE2 RC? THERE IS A LINK TO ASK FOR YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BE RETURNED: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml. IT CAN TAKE ABOUT 10 DAYS BEFORE YOU GET THEM BACK. IF IT DOESN'T ARRIVE, YOU CAN ASK AGAIN. ASKING FOR YOUR PASSPORT DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR RC APPLICATION, BUT YOU WILL GET THE RC ON AN A4 PIECE OF PAPER WHICH IS KNOWN AS AN IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT.

3. If my visa expires and I still didnt receive my EE2 RC, can I work in UK, I already have a job, can I still have that job?
How can I prove to my employeer that Im waiting for RC card? So that he can extend my contract! IN THEORY YOU CAN WORK AS LONG AS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER IS STILL EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS IN THE UK. HOWEVER, IT IS HARD TO PROVE THIS TO EMPLOYERS AND THE EMPLOYER MIGHT ASK TO SEE SOME PROOF. AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR THE RC, YOU WILL GET A LETTER CALLED A 'CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION'. THIS WILL NORMALLY SHOW THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK. IN THEORY THIS CERTIFICATE SHOULD BE ISSUED REALLY QUICKLY AFTER YOUR APPLICATION, BUT I WOULDN'T HOLD MY BREATH...

4. In my confirmation letter they suggested, home office, not to try to call, and to ask about RC.
But yet again I see her people calling them? Which number should I use to call for further information? YOU CAN TRY TO CALL ON THIS EEA CALL CENTRE: 03001232241 (I THINK THIS IS THE CORRECT NUMBER).

5. If I ask for passport to send it back to me, how the EE2 RC will look like, where it will be? Do they need my passport to put it in there, like they did with 6 month visa? IF YOU ASK FOR THE PASSPORT BACK, YOU WILL GET THE RC ON AN A4 SHEET.

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:30 am

chaoclive wrote:
scoutunderground wrote:hi there people, this look like a place where people have all answers. Good.

My questions are.
1.I hear that this EE2 RC takes up to 6 months to receive. My visa is valid 3 months more, what Im going to do when my eea family permit visa expires? Do I have to leave uk or wait till I receive my UK RC if its all went fine with it. DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOUR EEA FAMILY PERMIT GOES OUT OF DATE. AS LONG AS YOUR SPOUSE/PARTNER IS STILL EXERCISING HIS/HER TREATY RIGHTS IN THE UK, YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY. JUST WAIT FOR YOUR RC.

2. I need to travel to my origin country to visit my family in 2 months, I will need my passport. How can I ask them to send my passport to my uk address, how long it takes to get it, when should I ask them to send it to me. And most importing question, does this, me asking for my passport, affects the period n the process of my EE2 RC? THERE IS A LINK TO ASK FOR YOUR DOCUMENTS TO BE RETURNED: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml. IT CAN TAKE ABOUT 10 DAYS BEFORE YOU GET THEM BACK. IF IT DOESN'T ARRIVE, YOU CAN ASK AGAIN. ASKING FOR YOUR PASSPORT DOESN'T AFFECT YOUR RC APPLICATION, BUT YOU WILL GET THE RC ON AN A4 PIECE OF PAPER WHICH IS KNOWN AS AN IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT.

How can I prove to my employeer that Im waiting for RC card? So that he can extend my contract! IN THEORY YOU CAN WORK AS LONG AS YOUR FAMILY MEMBER IS STILL EXERCISING TREATY RIGHTS IN THE UK. HOWEVER, IT IS HARD TO PROVE THIS TO EMPLOYERS AND THE EMPLOYER MIGHT ASK TO SEE SOME PROOF. AFTER YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR THE RC, YOU WILL GET A LETTER CALLED A 'CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION'. THIS WILL NORMALLY SHOW THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK. IN THEORY THIS CERTIFICATE SHOULD BE ISSUED REALLY QUICKLY AFTER YOUR APPLICATION, BUT I WOULDN'T HOLD MY BREATH...

But yet again I see her people calling them? Which number should I use to call for further information? YOU CAN TRY TO CALL ON THIS EEA CALL CENTRE: 03001232241 (I THINK THIS IS THE CORRECT NUMBER).

5. If I ask for passport to send it back to me, how the EE2 RC will look like, where it will be? Do they need my passport to put it in there, like they did with 6 month visa? IF YOU ASK FOR THE PASSPORT BACK, YOU WILL GET THE RC ON AN A4 SHEET.

Thank u for quick respond!

YOU WILL GET A LETTER CALLED A 'CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION
So almost passed 3 weeks since I sent my ee2 form n documents...
I received some kind of letter from HO before 4 days.
In that letter I have a reference number of my EE2 application.
So this letter is not certificate of application? if not
Do you know how long it takes to receive that LETTER CALLED A 'CERTIFICATE OF APPLICATION

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:29 pm

Hard to say exactly how long it will take to get the COA but it's meant to be quite quick. Some people get it in a few weeks.

The UKVI Case Worker Instructions state:
''Letter confirming receipt of application – Certificate of Application
Upon receipt of an application for a Residence Card a Certificate of Application is issued as required by Regulation 17 (3) of the 2006 Regulations.
It is a responsibility of the caseworker to check CID to ensure that the acknowledgement letter, ECD.3101, has been dispatched by the Data Processing Team.''

You can feel free to write a letter to the Home Office EEA Applications Unit in Durham (where you sent your EEA2 application) asking for your COA.

scoutunderground
Newly Registered

Post by scoutunderground » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:49 pm

chaoclive wrote:Hard to say exactly how long it will take to get the COA but it's meant to be quite quick. Some people get it in a few weeks.

The UKVI Case Worker Instructions state:
''Letter confirming receipt of application – Certificate of Application
Upon receipt of an application for a Residence Card a Certificate of Application is issued as required by Regulation 17 (3) of the 2006 Regulations.
It is a responsibility of the caseworker to check CID to ensure that the acknowledgement letter, ECD.3101, has been dispatched by the Data Processing Team.''

You can feel free to write a letter to the Home Office EEA Applications Unit in Durham (where you sent your EEA2 application) asking for your COA.
The letter I received goes like this...
First I have my details and some kind of our REFERENCE NUMBER it goes like this EEA538..........
And below that its written YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER but theres no any numbers or letters there... only blank space...
after that its written....
Thank you for the application by the abovenamed on FORM EEA2 be passed to a ceasework unit to await consideration.... and etc etc....

My questions:
Is this Certificate of Application?
What means 'be passed to a ceasework to await consideration?
Doest that mean my eea2 form and rc is still not in any progress? Even if they took '55 pounds FEE' of my bank account way before me receiving this letter from HO....

I received 'this letter' not from Durham but from Liverpool...
But I did sent my form to Durham..
How come sir? Its so strange/...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:11 pm

scoutunderground wrote: The letter I received goes like this...
First I have my details and some kind of our REFERENCE NUMBER it goes like this EEA538..........
And below that its written YOUR REFERENCE NUMBER but theres no any numbers or letters there... only blank space...
after that its written....
Thank you for the application by the abovenamed on FORM EEA2 be passed to a ceasework unit to await consideration.... and etc etc....

My questions:
Is this Certificate of Application?
What means 'be passed to a ceasework to await consideration?
Doest that mean my eea2 form and rc is still not in any progress? Even if they took '55 pounds FEE' of my bank account way before me receiving this letter from HO....

I received 'this letter' not from Durham but from Liverpool...
But I did sent my form to Durham..
How come sir? Its so strange/...
-No, this is an acknowledgement letter. I don't think this is a COA.
-'be passed to a ceasework to await consideration?': this means that they probably haven't started work on your application yet. The caseworker will check through all your documents etc in the future and then make a decision (within 6 months). This is nothing strange, it just means what it says. There's nothing you can do about this yet. It's still really early in your application.
-This letter will be sent from Liverpool; that's correct. The applications are posted to Durham and then make their way to Liverpool. Not sure why this is, but that's how they do it!

radioselection
Newly Registered

Post by radioselection » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Hello,
I am in a similar situation.
But before I applied, I called an office who told me that after we send our application, we will receive a letter that allows the applicant to work in the UK whilst the application is being processed.
But today I just received a letter (like you scoutunderground) that says they received our application, but no Certificate Of Application, or letter to present to a future employer.
Any idea about this?
Does this letter to work actually gets sent?
Can an applicant work during the application?
Thanks alot for your help!

YANTING
Newly Registered

Post by YANTING » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:45 am

chaoclive wrote:

My questions are.

Dear Chaoclive,
Thank you for these information, is this document 3ON AN A4 PIECE OF PAPER WHICH IS KNOWN AS AN IMMIGRATION STATUS DOCUMENT3 allow me come back to UK? (in fact, I get the same case, I bought the fly tickets long time ago , I will travel with my familly to the other country next month. I m in waiting EEA2 since last november. I have COA in december 2014. and now I need to ask back my passport. I just worry about whether I could come back to UK and with which document/Visa? ) thanking you for your kind help. Yanting

dafelare
Newly Registered

Post by dafelare » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:42 am

Hi All,

I have a question, hopefully you can help me out. My wife is a non EEA national and since I am, we have applied for an EEA2 Residence Card. We sent the application in May and received the COA letter by mid June. We are planning on travelling to South America in December and I have read in this forum that I can request for her passport to be sent back which is good, however, my question is, without a valid Visa (hers expired a few months ago) will they let her back into the country? And if so, what documents will I need to take with me? I would assume that by December the RC should have arrived, but I've read that sometimes it takes over 6 months. Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks!

amus89
Newly Registered

Post by amus89 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:07 pm

hi everyone,

Me and my wife we moved from Republic Of Ireland to UK and as I am an Indian national married with an EU national, I had a 6 months EEA family permit. I have applied resident card in UK now and after 5 weeks I have recevied my COA on 23/09/15.
can anyone tell me when I will get my resident card and my passport back.

Regards.

solnechnaya
Newly Registered

EEA2 Residence Card

Post by solnechnaya » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:40 pm

Hi people.
As all these visa-related questions are tiring and nerve consuming, I will tell my story.
Perhaps it would be useful for someone.

Me (non-EEA) and my boyfriend (EEA) came to London in mid- September 2015. He came as a participant of start-up incubator. My visa expired at the end of November 2015. The difficulty was to understand with which category of sponsorship to apply. In other words, he was not employed, nor self-employed, nor student and not really self-sufficient as there were no income from property. We should have applied as self-sufficient but it was required to get the private health insurance so we did not want to buy it and did not consider this option. As a result, the EEA sponsor did not exersice his Treaty rights as self-employed and we were afraid that we will get refusal about the residence card.

My timeline:

22.10.15 - Sent application for EEA2 as a unmarried partner of EEA and for resident certificate for EEA.
5.11.15 - Got CoA with no right to work in the UK.
16.11.15 - Sent the letter asking to grant the permission to work. No answer and no permit.
*then bf (EEA) registered his company and became an employee
15.02.16 - Sent the additional documents proving EEA sponsor's employment status and (!) filled again pages in the EEA2 application with updated data about his employment.
24.03.16 - Requested EEA's passport
31.03.16 - Received both passport, resident certificate and letter granting me the residence card.

The bottom line is that if your situation changed you can notify the Home Office and they consider your additional papers. In our case they took into account that the employment situation changed.

Good luck!