ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax credits and Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rvel
Newly Registered

Tax credits and Residence Card

Post by rvel » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Hello everyone

I received my residence card back in June. I applied for it on the grounds that my wife is an EEA national who is self-sufficient due to me working. The salary I had quoted in my application and that was on my payslips was obviously my pa salary, but because we moved to the UK in the middle of the 2013/14 tax year, and my salary in the previous country was lower than in the UK, I also applied for tax credits and my quoted salary in 2013/14 for the purposes of the tax credits application was lower than that quoted in my residence card application.
A few days ago my wife received a letter from HMRC asking her to confirm some details with regard to the tax credits application. This was odd in itself as I was the one applying for the tax credits.
The details they were asking for were basically the same as in the original tax credits application, except this time they also asked for some information and documentation about our status with The Home Office and UKVI.
I should note we don't have to submit these documents, but if we won't, we probably won't get any tax credits which we're probably entitled to.
I'm a bit concerned about giving this information. Although we had not lied in either application, I'm afraid it might seem weird to HMRC, or worse - to The Home Office - that we've basically reported two different figures, even though it makes perfect sense considering the tax year dates don't correspond with the date we moved to the UK and the date I started working....

Anyone have any guidance on this? Am I being paranoid or should I just let it go?

Thanks a lot!!!

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Tax credits and Residence Card

Post by toni34 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:36 pm

You will be safe trust me. Your Wtc is from April to April so you have not lied and the hmrc are right too . Work tax credit is for all the family in the hold hold so it will include you , your spouse and any child under 16
NON EU national with RC

deebaba
Newly Registered

Post by deebaba » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:09 pm

toni34 wrote:You will be safe trust me. Your Wtc is from April to April so you have not lied and the hmrc are right too . Work tax credit is for all the family in the hold hold so it will include you , your spouse and any child under 16

Hi Toni34, na Dayo be this. I need your advice. I am in the same situation you were 4 years ago. My partner is Lithuanian and we just had twins recently. Planning to make an application with the EEA2 form. We have not been living together for 2 years yet so I cant prove a durable relationship. We've just been together 1 year 5 months. Also we started living together when the babies arrived which is the 13th August so at the moment I only have Tv license as my utility bill. What are my chances

Toni I go like word with you o, where I fit holla you apart from the forum? Cheers mate

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Bro inbox me your phone number .
NON EU national with RC

deebaba
Newly Registered

Post by deebaba » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:07 am

Toni, my number na 07835268068. Thanks

deebaba
Newly Registered

Post by deebaba » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:13 am

Hi Toni, dont know how to use this forum well. I dont know how to inbox you. I have dropped my number, please kindly text me

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by toni34 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:04 am

deebaba wrote:Hi Toni, dont know how to use this forum well. I dont know how to inbox you. I have dropped my number, please kindly text me
I go call you after work today by 5 pm. Got your number now .
NON EU national with RC