ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 SOC code not available any more.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

immBoardusr1
Newly Registered

Tier 2 SOC code not available any more.

Post by immBoardusr1 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:45 pm

Hi

I am up for renewal of my VISA in march next year.
My current COS which was issued between Dec 2012 - Mar 2013 has a job type of

2132 , IT professional.

I believe 2132 is my SOC code.
When i look at the current list of SOC here :https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_V0_6.pdf

the SOC code 2132 now has 3 other codes in
2135 IT business analysts, architects and systems designers
2136 Programmers and software development professionals
2139 Information technology and telecommunications
professionals not elsewhere classified

The above document does not have any description of the actual SOC code ( 2132 ) . Does this mean that the new COS has to be given under one of the new SOC codes ?

My organization are ready to promote me to a IT business analyst kind of position which means 2135 would be more suitable for me out of new ones.

My question is :

1. Can my company still use 2132 SOC code for issuing the COS to me ?
2. If my company decides to go for another SOC code (lets say 2135 ) does that mean that they have to do A RLMT again ?
3. My spouse is under a Tier 2 dependent VISA and is working in the same company . Does my company need to update her information under my application ?

Any help would be useful guys . has anyone had a similar kind of situation before ? would love to know about the things i need to be careful about in the VISA application . Unfortunately I am not comfortable with the research of the HR in my organization .. a bit worried they dont take enough time to get the facts right before taking steps...

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 SOC code not available any more.

Post by manci » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:45 pm

1 no
2 not if it is one of the three SOC codes 2132 has been replaced with
3 yes because her leave expires the same time as yours and she'll have to apply for an extension. The employer must check if her right to work continues.