ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options available for bringing Child to UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenanuk
Newly Registered

Options available for bringing Child to UK

Post by kenanuk » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:01 pm

I have a baby born in UK last year and he is going to India this month on Indian passport (No Uk visa as yet).. I will be applying for ILR in Jan 2015.. What are the legal options available for bringing the child back in UK?
1. Apply for a tourist visa for baby and once he is in UK apply for naturalization? is this possible?
2. Apply for naturalization directly in India once I get my ILR? This might take long time...
3. A bit costly option.. apply for dependant visa and bring back to UK

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Options available for bringing Child to UK

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:02 pm

Probably apply for Certification of Registration as British Citizen once you have secure ILR.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kenanuk
Newly Registered

Post by kenanuk » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:04 pm

Obie wrote:Probably apply for Certification of Registration as British Citizen once you have secure ILR.
Thanks Obie.. Does it mean I don't need a visa to bring my son to UK? and just the Certificate of Registration will suffice?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 pm

May need Certificate of Entitlement to right of abode stamped aswell if he is unable to get a passport.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kenanuk
Newly Registered

Post by kenanuk » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Obie wrote:May need Certificate of Entitlement to right of abode stamped aswell if he is unable to get a passport.
Many Thanks.