ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bit cunfused.. advise needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pandaram
Newly Registered

bit cunfused.. advise needed

Post by pandaram » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:00 pm

Ok here is my case. I came to the UK in 1997. My asylum case was refused.. I appealed and that was refused and refused and refused. So from 2004 I was reporting every month in the immigration office until 2011 march when I received ILR ( granted out side immigration rule. )

Now, I took my time to sort myself out financially and have now applied for naturalisation ( Sept 30th ).

The confusion is what the heck is 5 years qualifying time? Is it counted since the ILR was granted? or the date I made the first application? I wonder if I have to contact the case worker to inform them I have also been married to a British citizen since 2003.
In the original application I haven't send my wife's documents , certificate as I thought its not necessary.

totally confused.com any input will appreciated.

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: bit cunfused.. advise needed

Post by milan69 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:21 am

It is the last 5 years of residence in UK from the moment you applied for naturalisation.
I am sometimes wrong.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: bit cunfused.. advise needed

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:05 am

You could have applied as spouse of British citizen which only requires ILR and 3 years legal residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.