ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 application with EEA wife in maternity leave

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iuliacrisp
Newly Registered

EEA2 application with EEA wife in maternity leave

Post by iuliacrisp » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:57 pm

Hello, I am writing down our story in hope of your advice regarding my husband application for EEA2.

We arrived in Northern Ireland about 3 weeks ago. I am EEA national receiving public funds from my country for maternity leave. My husband is non-EEA seeking work in UK currently. He was refused NINO since he could not provide evidence of right of work (we did not apply for family permit as we entered through Dublin and traveled to NI by bus). He was advised to apply for RC immediately. In order to prove my "qualified" status in UK and exercising treaty rights we think our best solution at this point is to go on the "self-sufficient" route. I am currently a stay at home mom, caring for two young children and receiving maternity allowance from my country of nationality. What do you think our chances are considering my monthly allowance is not impressive (around 270 pounds) and my husband is not employed yet. I can however get proof of additional financial support from my family. Would an amount of 3000 pounds in my account be enough to prove self-sufficient (in addition to my allowance)? And is it ok if the account is from a bank in my country? They are issuing bank statements online on which is written "valid without stamp or signature", but I understand that UKBA requires paper ones. Are last 3 months bank statements sufficient?
Also, we now have EHIC insurance for all family members from my country. Is this enough or they require private one from UK?

Apologies for the rain of questions, I could really use some clarity on the issue and certainly appreciate any similar experience sharing.
Thank you in advance!