ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Misplaced Life in UK test certificate

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pavi
Newly Registered

Help! Misplaced Life in UK test certificate

Post by Pavi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:19 pm

Hi,

I wrote my test in April and passed. We now need to do ILR application but I can't find the certificate. I called the Home office and they said if I write a covering letter and attach the booking email and payment email they should be able to confirm I passed test. Should I trust this or could they reject my application? Has anyone done this and the application was approved or rejected. Any advice appreciated!

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: Help! Misplaced Life in UK test certificate

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:43 pm

I think you have to retake the exams again as because the life for UK test center give only one and final copy with the instructions to not lose/damage it. But the alternative way which HO telephone operator told has no official source to confirm it.

bhp

Post by bhp » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:29 am

You need to retake the exam.

Pavi
Newly Registered

Post by Pavi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:02 am

Thanks, better safe than sorry I guess! Its just such a pain and waste of time and money!

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Pavi,

As advised by HO carry your booking Payment proof if you have one ,Top of it HO might have your test result already in their system because soon you pass your LIUK test, HO will get your test results details electronically in 48 hours.I don;t think you need to take re-test again as long as you have valid proof of your LIUK appointment test date and payment.

-hsr_72

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:17 pm

I think LIUK test involve two major but very interesting features, one is negative and second is positive;

Negative:
Applicant only get one copy of result on poor quality A4 sized page which is the First and final copy.

Positive:
It has no expiry date but maybe authorities are planning insidely about it as how the money can be extracted from applicants by introducing expiry date.

But i will suggest to again do deep search to find your LIUK certificate otherwise simply retake it and don't put your expensive application in jeopardy for saving few pounds.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:17 pm

No need to take the Life in the UK test again:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1053615
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided