ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some SET(M) questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ruuh

Some SET(M) questions

Post by ruuh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:40 am

Hi everyone. I have one or two questions regarding the SET(M) form, which am hoping someone can shed some light on.

Query 1
========
Question 2.3: When did your relationship begin?
Question 2.5: How long have you been living in a relationship?
Question 2.6: When did you begin living together?

Is question 2.5 asking me to calculate the duration since the date given as the answer to question 2.3?
...Or...
Is question 2.5 asking me to calculate the duration since the date given as the answer to question 2.6?

It could have asked "How long have you BEEN IN a relationship (with your partner)?" or "How long have you been LIVING TOGETHER in a relationship?" and that would be more clear, but it asks in such an ambiguous way "How long have you been LIVING IN A RELATIONSHIP"?

Query 2
========
Question 2.6: When did you begin living together?

I got married in Bangladesh in May 2011. My wife came to live in my house over there the day we got married. I stayed in Bangladesh for about 2 weeks after marriage, then I returned to the UK and applied for my wife to come and join me. She arrived in the UK in September 2012.

So do I enter the date we first "lived together", i.e. wedding day in Bangladesh, or do I enter the date she arrived in the UK?

Query 3
========
We have a son together who was born in the UK. He is a British citizen from birth (due to me being british) and already has a British passport. As he is not applying as a dependant with my wife, do I have to answer questions 3.1 to 3.8?

The questions suggest they ought to be answered, e.g. 3.1: Do you and your partner have any children together?

However, the guidance above the questions suggest you only fill it in if the children are applying as dependants, e.g. above 3.1 it says: "You are required to provide details of any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK, and who are applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependants."
and above 3.9 it says: "Please include any further information that you think may be relevant to the consideration of this application. You may wish to include details of any children under the age of 18 who are living with you in the UK, and are British citizens, or have lived here for the last 7 years."

===============================

Any help you ladies and gentlemen can provide would be most appreciated. Thanks.

pelen23

Re: Some SET(M) questions

Post by pelen23 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:31 am

Hi there

2.5 and 2.6 I would put the date your wife joined you in uk. For question 2.5 , answer it as year and month for example 3 years and 2 months

These question should be the most straight forward to answer but they just confuse us with the way they ask.

Sorry I won't be able help you for the third question.

Good luck

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:20 am

Thanks pelen23. I appreciate your suggestions. If you don't mind me asking, have you also gone through the process of applying for ILR using SET(M) and was the outcome as you expected?

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:59 am

I haven't apply for set ( m) yet however they asked exactly the same questions in flr (m) application and it was all ok. On the basis of the information you have given us , the date you started to live together is the date your wives has arrived in the uk. There might be other members with different suggestions.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:33 pm

I would include the time spent living together after the wedding.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Thank you both. I guess I'll have to explain it properly in the "further info" section in 3.9 whatever interpretation is given to the questions.