ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application HELP Required - Absence Evidence and Other

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

ILR Application HELP Required - Absence Evidence and Other

Post by mobeenkhan » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi,

I hope you all are in good health. Well I have ILR appointment booked for 18th Oct 2014 at PEO - Cardiff. Going through the application form {Set (O), if I am not wrong} filling process, I came across a few things that I thought I should confirm before proceeding with the application. Please, do forgive if you find all (or some) of my questions really silly, just want to confirm for peace of mind.
  • Application Form - I am on Tier 1 (General) and I'm applying for my ILR along with my wife (who is on a dependent visa) and is non-working, my question is, if I am not wrong, I have to use Set (O) form for the application right? And do I need to use separate forms for both of us, or just one form for both.
  • Absence Evidence - I have been working with one employer for over 6 years now, my work does not involve leaving country for work, hence I don't have any work-related absences from the country, Do I still need to get a letter from my Employer, for any holidays I've taken (to visit family back home) or should I just produce my own letter stating that?
  • Biometric Section - Section 10, Question No 10.12 - It asks if "I have had my fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK Immigration application made in UK or abroad" - My last Tier 1 (General) extension that I did two years back involved Fingerprint scans, so I guess I will have to answer YES to it, but then it asks me What date were they taken, which I have no idea about. Any help regarding this?
And Last Question,
  • Section 6, Immigration History - Question 6.1 - It asks "When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based". I am not sure what answer should I give to this, do I have to give the date when I first entered the country as a student (in 2006) or the date when I first received my Tier 1 (General) Visa, in 2009?
Okay, that's about it, Thanks a lot for reading and going through my post, Thanks in advance for any replies, Please do reply. Time is short and I'm sorting stuff up.

Best Regards All :D
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

lemony

Re: ILR Application HELP Required - Absence Evidence and Oth

Post by lemony » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:38 pm

Application Form - I am on Tier 1 (General) and I'm applying for my ILR along with my wife (who is on a dependent visa) and is non-working, my question is, if I am not wrong, I have to use Set (O) form for the application right? And do I need to use separate forms for both of us, or just one form for both.

<< We did our ILR this week for the whole family and used only 1 SET (O)>>

Absence Evidence - I have been working with one employer for over 6 years now, my work does not involve leaving country for work, hence I don't have any work-related absences from the country, Do I still need to get a letter from my Employer, for any holidays I've taken (to visit family back home) or should I just produce my own letter stating that?

<< I had spoken to the UKBA call centre before submitting the application and they said that for all leaves exceeding more than 1 night stay out of UK need to be documented and supporting documents provided. We had had annual leaves and for every chunk we gave Bank statement and salary slip (to show that it was authorized leave and no pay cut had taken place). Also provided a letter from the most recent employer. However since you are with the same employer since the last 6 years, it will be totally easy for you to get a letter confirming any absences. Plus bank statement and salary slips for those periods. I suggest providing as much as evidence as possible, that is exactly what we did and our case worker took no more than 20 mins to process the documentation without asking any further question. >>

Biometric Section - Section 10, Question No 10.12 - It asks if "I have had my fingerprints taken as part of a previous UK Immigration application made in UK or abroad" - My last Tier 1 (General) extension that I did two years back involved Fingerprint scans, so I guess I will have to answer YES to it, but then it asks me What date were they taken, which I have no idea about. Any help regarding this?

<< we just gave the month/year and an approximate date which I am sure was incorrect. It is not an issue as far as I feel Coz later on during taking biometrics they will again ask you the month and year of your last biometrics>>

And Last Question,

Section 6, Immigration History - Question 6.1 - It asks "When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based". I am not sure what answer should I give to this, do I have to give the date when I first entered the country as a student (in 2006) or the date when I first received my Tier 1 (General) Visa, in 2009?

<< We were in UK from Oct 2006 but got our Tier 1 Gen on Oct 2009 (we had to apply from India though). And then again came back on Nov 2009. We gave the entry date as Nov 2009 as the question clearly states that "date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based". Your ILR application is based on the last 5 years of stay as Tier 1 Gen so here you give the date on which you got your 1st Tier1 (assuming either you got it in country or came to UK within 90days of getting the visa.>>

Hope this helps. I have tried to give my examples so that it is more clear.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi

I asked this questions many times with no answer. what evidence should be provided for the absence during unemployment periods? There are some cases in the forum where the applicants applied without any problem and some of the forum gurus said it does not matter provided the total absences are below 180 days per year. but the guidance is very vague and unclear. It said for work related a letter from employer and for self employment a letter by applicant should be provided but nothing said about when the applicant was not working in the UK. It did not say that absence during the unemployment is breaching the continuous residence. So, I need help in this matter.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Any help from the forum experts and gurus? I found similar cases but need more recent advice.

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:25 am

Thanks a lot lemony, with your examples, a lot of things have been clear. I am still a little ambiguous about the date of my first entry in UK, would love if someone who was living in UK switched to Tier 1 category could answer this question of mine.

Further to my list of queries, I have another question, hopefully lemony, you will be able to assist on this one too. On the first Payments Page for Set (O), Question No. 6 - 12, it asks how you will be paying. Since your application is quite recent, you must have gone through the same process as mine. My question is, since, at the time of booking the appointment, I have already paid in full, so when filling up this section, what do I have to write, should I still mention Visa as method of payment along with all the card details?

Anyone is welcome to answer, I just need advice so that I don't make any mistakes while making the application.

Thank you all,

Best Regards

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Any one? Any advice please?

Regards,

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:19 pm

About the payment it is not an issue, they have not updated the forms, you just bring it with yourself and they will wont charge you again. just print and bring the payment receipt which you will receive at the time of appointment booking.

Again about previous absences there are many ambiguities. as we know, the replies from UKVI staffs cannot be trusted and there are plenty of cases that these advices were not correct. So, any idea from forum experts about my original question?

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply samira_uk, that really helped.

I have one more query, Section 6 - Immigration History (Question 6.3), it asks the following,
What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?
  • Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
    paid annual leave from the UK?
  • Letter from applicant detailing reasons for absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons
  • Original official documents: (medical/birth/death certificate(s))
  • Letter from travel companies to evidence disruption to travel
Now, everytime I've been out of the country is to visit my family back home, now I believe I will have to select OTHER as an option right? And also, then state that I have been back home just to visit family. That's it right?!? Just a little bit confused on this one ...

Thanks

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:26 pm

Dear Moderators, Gurus, Seniors, Juniors, Newbies and all others,

Please need some advice, appointment date only 2 days away and as the time is coming close, I'm getting more and more worried. Please a piece of advice on my question above.

Thank you

lemony

Post by lemony » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:43 pm

We didnt fill Other (It would have led to giving a reason in the box just after those options, as far as I can recal). Also 'Others' would mean leave on 180 days or more and for some compassionate ground. I didnt require it as I never exceeded the threshold at any year.

We only ticked the 1st box which was about letter from employer. We had no other evidences apart from showing salary slips and bank statements covering the absence period.

HTH

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:20 pm

Thanks a lot for the reply lemony, well I only took 86 holidays in the last 5 years so I am well below the threshold but obviously all my holidays were only for personal reasons and visiting family hence cannot tick the first one as it states, letter from employer for work related absences which never happened in my case hence decided to select Other in options and detailed documents I provided as evidence in the box below the "Other" option

Thanks

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:23 am

I guess you should tick the second box and provide a letter explaining the absence. I am on the same boat. Please update about your application

ursamyn
United Kingdom

Post by ursamyn » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:13 pm

I believe we need to leave this section empty.

It's only applicable if you have 180 days or more in 1 year of your 5 yrs stay.

This is what i gathered reading all the post.

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:23 pm

Hi,
even I have same question.
moderators or gurus please help on the below query.
what sort of evidence do we have to provide when there is no employment in UK and the applicant spent time out of UK for that unemployed period. on a Tier 1 status?

for example
i am on tier 1 status.
i lost job for 1 month. I have spent that 1 month out of UK.
I came back to UK and started job again.
hence, for 1 month there is no job but spent time out of UK.

could anyone please advice what evidence do we have to provide for this absence?

tillu5682
Newly Registered

Post by tillu5682 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:10 pm

could anyone please post a reply my above query please.
my appointment at peo cardiff is on 15th december 2014.
i really appreciate your help on my above query.

thanks and regards,
t

rickybkothari
Newly Registered

Post by rickybkothari » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi
How did your appointment at cardiff go and anybody above had to produce any evidence.
Everyone has put some sort of reply or query but none of you who have had their appointments mentioned how did your appointment go whether you had to provide any evidence or just letter by self was enough.
please help as appointment on this saturday 03rd Jan.
If I didn't get any reply I would make sure I provide my experience as a reference for others.
regards

ramtheconqueror

Post by ramtheconqueror » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:51 pm

I've an appointment in the first week of January. Can someone please answer this question? Thanks.

rickybkothari
Newly Registered

Post by rickybkothari » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:56 pm

when is your appointment. mines @croyden 03rd jan 1245
I will let u know how mine went..

blinguk

Post by blinguk » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:59 pm

rickybkothari wrote:when is your appointment. mines @croyden 03rd jan 1245
I will let u know how mine went..

hi ricky