ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my wife visa null and void now?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

educators

Is my wife visa null and void now?

Post by educators » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi Amber and other senior members,

Will appreciate your response on my query.

My wife came as my dependant in Aug 2010 while I was having PSW visa then I got Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and she was switched to my Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependant and her current Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant visa is valid now until end of 2015. I have recently obtained ILR on the basis of 10 years..

My question is....is her Tier 1 Entrepreneur dependant visa is null and void now? I mean... is it necessary for me to apply for her FLR M now which means she needs to wait for another 5 years to obtain her ILR. So therefore I was thinking to keep her on current Tier 1 Ent dependant visa and simply apply for her ILR using SET O in Aug 2015 when she completes her 5 year period. Is it possible?

Please suggest the best route available for her ILR. Many Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Re: Is my wife visa null and void now?

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Since you changed to long residence, her visa has been nullified.

She will have to switch to the ILR 5 years partner route and start the clock all over again.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is my wife visa null and void now?

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:12 pm

Her current leave isn't necessary null and void, however, the only route to settlement (as she's only been here since 2010) will involve switching to FLR(M) which will be a new 5 year route to settlement which has both a Financial and English requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.