ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expiry & ILR application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drdheer
United Kingdom

Passport expiry & ILR application

Post by drdheer » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:06 pm

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if somebody could clear my couple of doubts?

First query; My ILR is due in April 2015 and my passport will be expiring in July 2015. Shall I apply for new passport before ILR, just in case if postal application takes few months? If yes, Do I need to reapply for Biometric card as well having Tier 1 Gen visa information?
(Although I intend to apply through PEO)

Second query; Does child state nursery after 3 years considered as benefit? or Is it ok while under immigration control?

I would really appreciate your help.

Many Thanks

Kumar101
Newly Registered

Re: Passport expiry & ILR application

Post by Kumar101 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:34 am

Answer to the first question -
1. You can apply for ILR in April if you passport is due to expire in July. (It should just be valid on the day of ILR, no restriction for minimum valid days remaining on the passport)
2. You have enough time to April and Passport currently is being issued fairly quickly. So you can best judge what you want to do. Be careful as you might not be able to travel after Jan-15 (6 months passport validity is needed for travel)

drdheer
United Kingdom

Post by drdheer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, Do I need to reapply for Biometric card as well after renewal of passport?

Thanks in advance!

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:13 pm

drdheer wrote:Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply, Do I need to reapply for Biometric card as well after renewal of passport?

No

Thanks in advance!