ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Concern not declaring traffic tickets.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mah

Concern not declaring traffic tickets.

Post by mah » Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi Amber,
I need you advice please
I applied for BC in July so I will hear about the outcome in near future.
In the last 12 months I didn't have any traffic tickets. My licence is clean of any points. But about 3 years ago I got a ticket. Which I paid immediately. I do not have any record of it and even do not know if it was PCN or FPN. And another ticket about 5 years ago. Again I have no record of it. It was a company car which I was driving. I had been informed about them by emails from my company on those days. And I think I paid the penalty through company.
I didn't declare these in my application as I was thinking I didn't receive any points for them, they were not in the last 12 months and even I myself do not have any details about them.
Can this make a problem for me?
What should I do?
Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Concern not declaring traffic tickets.

Post by Wanderer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:35 am

Were they proper traffic offences or merely parking tickets etc?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mah

Post by mah » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:00 pm

The old one was intering yellow junction box and the second one was a U-turn. Both recorded by camera. I even do not know the dates. I may have had 2 parking ticket in the last 6 years. But again no idea when and where.

Itiswell

Post by Itiswell » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:02 pm

@mah!

If don't need to worry if no point given on your licence, is not a criminal offence.

I had two myself, went for traffic offence training but no point on my licence and didn't declare them on my application and my citizenship application has been approved.

Best of luck.

mah

Post by mah » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Many thanks Itiswell

Now it is a big relief. I can sleep tonight.

I also checked the end part of my cheque books. And found the cheque I wrote to my company for the most recent fine was dated Jan 2012. And it has been for a PCN. I think the older ticket was a PCN as well.

Thanks again. So it seems that I would be OK not declared them , fingers crossed.

I appreciate the seniors advice if I am wrong.

Best,

Mah